Crytek89

How to: KA24DE swap into 720

Doing my swap as we speak and ordering some random stuff for it. What flywheel and clutch did you run with your setup? 

• Like 1

KA car flywheels were 225mm and truck KAs were 240mm same size as the 280zx and the 300zx. 

• Like 1

If you can, get the truck flywheel with a 9 bolt pressure plate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't clear. With the truck flywheel you can use the 280 and 300zx clutch and pressure plate.  Car KA guys do this and it's called the White Bunny

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 4:33 PM, Monchi1999 said:

Doing my swap as we speak and ordering some random stuff for it. What flywheel and clutch did you run with your setup? 

Not sure how I missed this.. I ended up going with a stock KA flywheel and an ACT 6-puck stage 2, was a little pricey but it grabs like hell.

have any of you guys swapped a car Ka with the car manual behind it into a truck? If you did does it line up at all and how much do you have to change the driveshaft? And how much different are the ratios from a truck box?

The front sump will not work in the 720. 

The 240 trans is longer than the 720 trans by a few inches, but the KA will bolt up to the 720 trans. 

I have a question for the op. If you started with a ka24de out of a frontier, would the mods still be the same?  Oil pan, rear sump, etc....

On 3/30/2020 at 9:25 PM, Nvrlwenf said:

I have a question for the op. If you started with a ka24de out of a frontier, would the mods still be the same?  Oil pan, rear sump, etc....

Modifications to the oil pan/rear sump wouldn't be required on a DE from the frontier but depending on the model year may result in a different wiring setup depending if it's OBDI or OBDII.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:27 PM, Crytek89 said:

Hey Guys,

I recently finished my KA24DE swap into a 720 (June 2017) and based on the information that I could find, the swap still proved to be an advanced undertaking.

With that said, this community has helped me so much to achieve the vision I pictured for my truck the day I first saw it - I knew it was going to need more power for my young 20's self and the KA certainly provides that.

This guide is still a work in progress and as I begin my first few thousand kms in the truck I'm sure I'll be doing some editing to make parts more clear and understanding. Please bear with me while we work on the best how-to guide we can for others to enjoy and reference.

plvKkhNl.jpg

PY4GH7ll.jpg

AerB5ydl.jpg

0bWqGwTl.jpg

Full story on the truck and rebuild of the engine itself: 
http://imgur.com/a/gBCD5

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68278-1985-720-engine-swap/

So you did the ka24de swap with the z24 would you know if it be the same process with the l20b engine and stock trans on my 1980 720

1 hour ago, Ken's datsun said:

So you did the ka24de swap with the z24 would you know if it be the same process with the l20b engine and stock trans on my 1980 720

You’ll need a different tranny. Otherwise should be pretty similar.

• Like 1

I suggest you get the KA with it's stronger 71C transmission. 

You can use a Z-series transmission or hardbody transmission to keep the stock driveshaft length. 

Hardbody will have the 71C