320 windshields on ebay!

KFunk740

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-65-Datsun-1200-L320-Pick-Up-New-Factory-Clear-Windshields-368-EA-/272714716542?fits=Make%3ADatsun%7CModel%3A320&hash=item3f7f10557e:g:BfEAAOSwcdRY86HN&vxp=mtr

This is the same guy, Richard Tankel, that was mentioned in the other thread by carterb.  There had been some confusion on whether they knew it was different than the 520, and in the ad they claim to have that sorted out.  

I'm tempted to get one just in case, but I don't have enough spare cash right now to justify unnecessary purchases. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for mental reference, The FW in the windshield Number represents 'Foreign Windshield'.

Back glass for a foreign vehicle would start with a FB or FR, can't remember which one.

My brother who does auto glass at his shop ran this info by me about a week ago and senior memory doesn't work 100%

• Like 1

If these are made by the same manufacturer as the 520/521 windshields they are made in Brittan. If we could find the manufacturer it might be cheaper to buy direct and not deal with a midlleman markup.

In the other thread, the guy (Tankel) said the wholesale price is 315 clear or 325 with tint. So, there's a little markup, but not sure if it's worth the hassle of overseas shipping to get around him.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

In the other thread, the guy (Tankel) said the wholesale price is 315 clear or 325 with tint. So, there's a little markup, but not sure if it's worth the hassle of overseas shipping to get around him.

You could be right on this.  I hope this works out for those needing a windshield.

If these are made by the same manufacturer as the 520/521 windshields they are made in Brittan.  If we could find the manufacturer it might be cheaper to buy direct and not deal with a midlleman markup.

I bought two 320 windshields from Wayne's group buy, cut by a fella in LA. Wayne had 18 windshield made up by this fella named Kotta(sp?) and I think they were cut down from a Plymouth minivan windshield. Awesome quality.

When I needed a 521 windshield, I ordered three from Pilkington classics, back east, and they were shipped together to Santa Clara from England.

I bought one and a spare for my 521 project, and I sold the third to Ray (Mrbigtanker).

I am told some of the windshields available stateside are slightly thinner. I wanted the Pilkington version as it was known to be very high quality and the exact same thickness as stock.  The Class division fella told me they bring them in about 50 at a time. Call their toll free and ask for one of the two glass guys. They both seem to be very long-term Pilkington employees and were really nice to talk with.

I still have that spare for piece of mind. Just this evening my wife moved the spare couch to vacuum in the study, and asked me why we have a windshield trussed up in blankets stashed behind the couch in the study:)

BTW: Three windshields came in a very sturdy crate. I should have kept it, it was built like furniture. 

• Like 1

Windshield rubbers for 320:

I bought mine from Scott's old rubber in Australia. Fantastic quality, and moulded out of that really nice modern ozone resistant rubber.  Fit beautifully.

Wayno had Kotto make up new front windshield rubber gaskets for his windshield run.

This is how I met Wayn0. Awesome guy. He drove down from the PNW and stayed my house on the way south to pick these windshields up, then dropped my two 320 front glasses off on the way back. My wife still talks about how nice he was! 

• Like 1

I had a NOS OEM Nissan 520/521 windshield that still had the original wrapping and Nissan Part number tags on it Yhis was from ABC Datsun in Phoenix when they sold off all of the old stock.  I compared it to my stock 66 520 windshield and it was considerably thinner.  The original windshield in my 66 was in good shape so I sold the NOS OEM windshield to a SWDP brother for his 521.  This was all that kept his 521 from being on the road.  I was able to see Chris and his yellow 521 in Williams AZ at the Datsun Multi State Classic Car Show one year and to my surprise he had his 620 and his 411 goon there also.  Good times.