Lunch Box Carrier/Trucky McTruckface

So I bought my great Gramps 1991 Chevy S10 with the 2.8L V6 and 107k on the clock and it runs pretty good (it is coming to Canby).

It kinda screams Gramps with the cap on, looks a lot better with the cap off. I just put some regular Les Schwab Eclipses on there because it is gonna see a lot of miles.

IMG_20170603_175724829_zpsrtvhf0bu.jpg
IMG_20170603_105408475_zps3arwqx46.jpg

It has one of the best rides I have felt in a long time so I don't really feel like Moaaaaar looooooooooooooooooooow on this one, a body kit and 17 inchers with a cowl induction hood would be nice.

Also the whole thing is more bone stock than a pacer and maintained like the golden gate bridge.

So far I have fixed the AC, oil change, just basic stuff really. washed and waxed (paint is super faded but the whole rig is basically rust free). It needs new shocks desperately, but other than that and a tank of ethanol trash it is basically good. Do any of you guys have experience with these? Mods? It is not bad on power, especially when compared to a Z24.

Also it desperately needed a name.

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No name. Just kill it. Kill it before you end up giving up on the Datsun to do an LS swap to this thing.

Super tempting, all mods will be to make a better broken Datsun puller.

Giving up on Datsuns is not really something I am planning on doing, they kinda grab you and don't let go. I might sell the 2wd to get a 210 or 280z though...

• Like 1

I love the first generation body style! My friend had one in the 80s. He slammed it, made the bed tilt sideways and painted it purple: It was awesome! Nice truck you have there!

Thanks! I am thinking more along the lines of a body kit than slamming as it still needs to be practical, hood scoop of some form and some basic mods. Tilt beds are cool, do you have any idea how he did it?

Thanks! I am thinking more along the lines of a body kit than slamming as it still needs to be practical, hood scoop of some form and some basic mods. Tilt beds are cool, do you have any idea how he did it?

I don't. I belonged to Spellbound Minis in the 80s and one of the members (Shawn) worked at the Hitching Post on Ave I in Lancaster, CA. Members would take their trucks to him and he would do their beds. Now, I did do my bed, however: It was rudimentary, at best...

It kinda screams Gramps with the cap on, looks a lot better with the cap off. 

I like the cap. But only if you lower it a bit and ditch the rear bumper. Otherwise, gramps. 

maintained like the golden gate bridge.

So far I have fixed the AC

You unintentional juxtaposition made me laugh.   ^_^