'72 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Having received an offer I could not refuse on my Suburban last month; I sold it. So I decided to resume the search to get another '64 Coupe DeVille when I found this one. I used to drive my Dad's '72 Sedan DeVille to school in the 80s. I test drove it and the memories came rushing back...So I bought it! Interestingly, the vin is the same month, day, and year that I was born: So it's a belated Birthday gift for me! Plans are to drive it and enjoy it! I will have to replace the vinyl top. The search for the '64 continues...

9DD8jVl.jpg

rGS8UCF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caddy Sedan deVilles and Buick Electras share many parts!  But beware!  The sly bastards used reverse logic in the air conditioner relay.  One is Normal off, the other is Normal on!  Naturally the Buick unit is much more expensive!  I had a 1970 Buick Electra LTD [usually built at the beginning of a model upgrade and includes almost all options in order to prove compatibility within options and standard equipment]  but sold it when my son bragged how he had dusted a 911 Porche while driving to school.

• Like 1

I would love a 64 Caddy, but that 72 is a good catch :cool:

Thanks man! Yeah I kick myself for getting rid of mine! When I had mine I was looking for a '72 because of my Dad and just couldn't find one I liked. I'm Happy with this one: I know my Dad would have liked it!
  • Like 1

Caddy Sedan deVilles and Buick Electras share many parts! But beware! The sly bastards used reverse logic in the air conditioner relay. One is Normal off, the other is Normal on! Naturally the Buick unit is much more expensive! I had a 1970 Buick Electra LTD [usually built at the beginning of a model upgrade and includes almost all options in order to prove compatibility within options and standard equipment] but sold it when my son bragged how he had dusted a 911 Porche while driving to school.

That's one thing I have to fix is the A/C. It's all there but doesn't work. I drove my Dad's fast on the way to school too: It was the first time I had ever driven 100 mph.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up a totaled '72 Eldorado on Friday. It has all the options my coupe doesn't, so I'm going to swap everything over. It also has a low mile 500 in it, which I'm going to drop in my '64 when I get it.

NP7wms6.jpg

I all ready swapped the passenger mirror over and also installed the driver window motor, now my window works!

Aad2JX9.jpg

0aYLwRt.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...