Throttle return spring rubbing against accelerator cable "end"

Yousef

Hi all,

I have a 74 620 and I am still new to working on cars, I'm not sure if I messed something up.

Basically I was trying to see how the whole throttle system works, so while the engine was on I decided to manually move the throttle mechanism with my hand.  I noticed a pop sound when I did this but was not sure what it was.

I then began to use the actual throttle pedal while looking at the throttle mechanism under the hood and thats when the accelerator cable came loose off of the carburetor. I popped the end of the cable back but it seems that whenever I push down all the way on the throttle now, the throttle return spring rubs against the cable end, and pops it off.

It doesn't seem to me that the spring should be touching the end of the cable at any point.  I'm going to look for any component that might have came off when I heard that first sound.  

Should there be any contact between the spring rubbing against the accelerator cable end?

Here is a pic of the knocked off accelerator cable:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151095145@N07/34787504692/in/dateposted-public/

• Like 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic