610 goon boso\rat build

MapleNuts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work!

Did you find a new window seal or just reinstall and add silicone or similar?  I wouldn't object to doing a 610 myself, but I haven't seen any rubber offered for them anywhere.  (I haven't looked terribly hard, though..)

Had to also reseal the window. When i would turn on my fan and use my window washer fluid it would seep through the bottom of the window and blow bubbles at me haha

I just used silicone on the top side, but it's the silicone they actually use on windows. Works great so far no more leaks.

and on the bottom side i used regular weather striping silicone.

Haven't tested the bottom yet but i'm hoping i won't get bubbles coming in from the bottom of the window when i use the washer fluid and fan at the same time haha.

There was a rust hole at the top of the window and i just stuffed it full of silicone, neutralized the rust and seal it up haha.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

It's been awhile but heres an update.

Got the car to run but only on 3 cylinders. Zero compression. Thought it was the rings because the head seemed rebuilt, so i put if off for awhile.

Turns out the intake valve was stuck open and head was warped. Gotta love fucking craigslist. Waiting on the head from the shop now.

Couple cans of fabric paint goes a longggg way!

37420335146_56f0edce71_z.jpg

37210128680_38d9a24c6e_z.jpg

37420336116_395acac915_z.jpg

37210129460_369429aa65_z.jpg

Still gotta put the gas pedal back on haha

37210132460_598ffa0bee_z.jpg

37210130230_620c52f0f8_z.jpg

• Like 2

Custom shift knob i made. Its perfect, orange car and 5 speed.

Shift boot is from a 280zx and the plate holding it down was salvaged from a rusty 280zx fender.

Had to be suuuper careful with the screw placement because of the brake lines under the trans tunnel.

37437024642_a604b01978_z.jpg

Ricky Ticky Tach

37420334636_dd0c767580_z.jpg

Air shocks that are too tall for how low the car is! :(

37420336976_9b5c259e76_z.jpg

Hid the shock air fill

37420337366_deb11739d4_z.jpg

• Like 1

i WOULD MAKE SURE THE GAS PEDAL IS MORE TO THE RIGHT.

Most autopedals the brakes pedals are more left and then when a manual pedals install they move closer to the gaspedal and it will be a issue in a panic stop. Believe me.

as for the maniold port i seen alot of l16manifolds with a port attachement on there so it should be EZ to find. Even thought its the forth runner its all hooked up the the manifold pressure on all the cylinders unlike soem sidedraft type manifold were its actuall on the 4th runner and make a pulsating issue as it only on the 4th cylinder.

hopefully you have the correct T/O bearing & cllor for the clutch as its based on the clutch prssureplate/flywheel  and not the trans. set up. example  225mm L20 bolt use a 620 truck set up. If a 200mm nflywheel L20 6bolt use a 510 or Roadster setup.

for the stick shifter side plastic bushings One can use the Cryslers door hinge bushing for the trans shifter. I find soem plastic just dont last long and disinigrate. the HELP brand at O Rileys had a assorment of sizes in a pakage and I inserted then using a vice. the pin didnt go in but open them up with a drill bit till trans pin would fit.

Thanks for the insight Hainz! I can see how that would not be ideal!

I believe I have the correct t/o, collar, and flywheel clutch. I'll find out soon enough though haha.

tried the trans when it was running on 3 cylinder and on stands and it shifted into gears just fine and clutch disengaged so here's hoping.

good idea for the bushings as well thanks.

• 2 months later...

Alight some update. Cars runnin good, used a gas analyzer at school to really tune it in. Been dailying it for a little while. 

$360 of head work :/

39157720922_1681b2a1ae_z.jpg

Boso styling taking shape, oil cooler and painted a lens to make a "fog" light.

39157720512_24d28d56b0_z.jpg

All new steering components feel so good

39157727392_d52b57fdb5_z.jpg

Was definitely time for some new parts haha

39157727042_3c5f77752d_z.jpg

• Like 1

I used Crown Suspension Universal 3" Rear Lowering Block from eBay. Dont recommend it or doing what I did. The dimple on the block that went into the hole in the leaf was too small.  I had to hog out the center of the block, stuck in a large bolt, an then rounded it out to the size of the hole on the leaf. If that makes any sense. 

If you have a 610 your going to have to cut at least half the bumpstop out. Stiffer shocks would help too.

• 2 months later...