Deceleration popping at exhaust with new MSA Premium exhaust

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6.375 hp will be lost by adding a resonator.

Seriously though. If HP is your biggest concern, don't do it. If you want it to be quieter, install a resonator and find out. You're not going to lose enough to notice.

here is a perfect answer please move forward to the next question  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1

the MSA Twice Pipe system installed. If i decide to go to the stock muffler with resonator how many hp will i loose?

Loose them all!

MSA???

CM: Oh, yeah, they were really nice people, man. And so much class, man...they had so much class, y'know. It's like, Santa Claus used ta have this really charp chort, man, y'know? It was lowered to da ground, had twice-pipes, candy-apple red and button top. Oooo, clean!

TC: Hey, that sounds like a hip snowmobile, man

CM: No, no, it wasn't a snowmobile; it was a sled, y'know.

• Like 2

popping continues. Im still wondering why it did not popped on deceleration when it had the MSA Twice Pipe system installed. If i decide to go to the stock muffler with resonator how many hp will i loose?

I just skimmed through all 8 pages of this thread, OYE!

In my 240z, before the LS1 swap, I had a nicely built L28 engine with SU carbs and MSA Header and sport exhaust kit. It also popped on deceleration. Like you OP, I didn't like the sound. I added an inline resonator and the noise was much subdued but not entirely gone. Made it much more tolerable. I didn't notice much of a drop in power. But then 200hp was not enough, hence the LS1 swap.

Sorry but I don't recall which resonator I added. It was too many years ago. I did get it on eBay. I believe it was 16"-18" long.