Deceleration popping at exhaust with new MSA Premium exhaust

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then u just got enlightened, welcome to the real world. Just because it is advertised as such, it does not mean it will perform as such. Note to self: don't believe the hype and advertisement. That exhaust can be lined with gold dust and still will pop.

• Like 1

The car does the deceleration popping at the tailpipe if you are in gear. If i shift to neutral it does not! What could be the cause?

This msa premium exhaust kit comes with a xcelerator turbo muffler. I thought this was a good professional muffler.

This has all been explained.

Pick one... but you can't have both.

Quiet.................... but a small loss of power to do so.

Performance........ but exhaust is louder.

Sure you can Mike, J.C. Whitney sells those electric exhaust cut-outs.

They come with a cheap version of an RC car motor, that some how is supposed to survive attached to a 600 degree exhaust, under a car, where water can get at it  :crying:

Next question, will this thread make it to 200 posts ?  :rofl:

The car does the deceleration popping at the tailpipe if you are in gear. If i shift to neutral it does not! What could be the cause?

Load versus allowing the engine to drop rpm freely.  Rich fuel mixture in the mid-range, versus correct fuel mixture at idle rpm.  Again, caused by either jetting, ignition, or likely both.  Its out of tune.  

/\. Don't matter what we say, this guy is fixated...I've said check your spark plug for lean burn, no response, I've said put back stock exhaust, no response, I've said popping could be normal, no response..instead he stuck with idea that its a gasket, took it to a mechanic and still popping noise. So after spending, x amount of money and so many people on this site offering their ideas, he does the opposite..mem

• Like 2

Match, Candle, Wood Stove, use small kindling as match to light lamp. That or its May and way to hot outside. #EasternWashington

It will pop in neutral, my 4wd will pop in neutral, just rev it up and let off really quick. I only have to go to 3k RPM, but I have a few leaks.  B)

Just embrace the pop!!!!! It isn't bad, I hate them personally because I engine brake alot going down from the ski resort. But if this is a performance rig (which it is hopefully, otherwise put a muffler that muffles on) then just get used to it or put your old stuff back on. You change exhaust and get pops, all you changed was exhaust. It is obviously the exhaust, to remove the pops you just go back the way it was!!!!

I hadn't checked engine in a while and was like "wow, are done beating this dead horse yet?" Embrace the noise or go back to stock!! Sure get her tuned up nice, but some exhaust just pops! Your not a ricer because it doesn't say VTEC anywhere and its a Datsun.