Deceleration popping at exhaust with new MSA Premium exhaust

Jalex, last time I'm going to ask, have you gone to other z web sites to see if this is normal. The other day, a new z,went by me on the road and I can tell it had an aftermarket muffler, and I heard it popping.

• Like 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some say its normal, other say i should have an exhaust leak somewhere and i should also use PERMATEX ULTRA COPPER RTV together with the gaskets.

It's fairly easy to find an exhaust leak besides the visual....have someone cover the exhaust hole while you get under and listen for the leak....

• Like 2

It's fairly easy to find an exhaust leak besides the visual....have someone cover the exhaust hole while you get under and listen for the leak....

You can poor watermelon kool Aid down the carb and look for pink smoke leaks too

• Like 1

some say its normal, other say i should have an exhaust leak somewhere and i should also use PERMATEX ULTRA COPPER RTV together with the gaskets.

You know, I think to get past this you should replace all the gaskets and use whatever sealer you choose. Seems like this is the only thing that will satisfy you. Come back and let us know how well this worked.

• Like 3

Welcome to Ratsun.

Fuck off.

Well what the mechanic did was to put a garde hose and listen to the leak. I hope the shop that installed the msa premium exhaust did not damaged any of the studs in tha manifold. I did notice that when removing the stock downpipebhe had to use the solder gun to hear that area as the nuts did not turn.

More mindless debate...  Please report back after fixing the exhaust leak Jalex.  

after having your exhaust leak fixed since you dont seem to be the mechanic as was implied 

Well you should be able to cut out a space for the resonator. If you look, the resonator is straight through pipe. You could try adding the resonator in line and see if that tones the popping down. Finally you could put the dynomax back on.

• Like 1