Speed bleeders for 521?

d.p

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are actually sold at all parts store , pair for about $10 or so...

Screenshot_20170423-153534_zpssiie2hno.p

I haven't verified threads... these are what I believe dp was looking at for the drum brake wheel cylinders...

I did the disk conversion up front so I need to see what those threads are too.. they should be metric....

Found what you posted on jegs websight...

Says they are m10x1.... only difference between the part number is one is 33mm and other is 35mm long... gonna borrow thread gauges from my work to try to verify both the m10 for the disk and 3/8-24 for the drums.... but for some reason I think they might be too big.. I think the brake lines were the m10 and 3/8 but maybe it's the bleeder size too.. if they are different I'll bring one of each of my bleeder in to work tomorrow and size them ....

• Like 1

They are actually sold at all parts store , pair for about $10 or so...Screenshot_20170423-153534_zpssiie2hno.p

I haven't verified threads... these are what I believe dp was looking at for the drum brake wheel cylinders...

I did the disk conversion up front so I need to see what those threads are too.. they should be metric....

These are not Speed bleeders.

12701 (http://www.dormanproducts.com/itemdetail.aspx?ProductID=21623&SEName=12701) is the part for drum brakes 3/8 - 24 x 1 3/16".

HOWEVER the PO of my truck replaced the cylinders and one of the rears had a much smaller thread than the other 3 so I was only able to install 3 speed bleeders. Odd to say the least.

33403708654_c71b40a1e5.jpg

That's almost something you post in "you know you own a datsun when"...

That's why I verify before I buy....

Let me first say this about the d21 calipers if doing the disk conversion they are m10x1 bleeder screws...

And now for the back wheel cylinders does this look familiar?

20170424_181407_zpsiac37nc4.jpg

I ordered a pair of these for the rear of my 521....

20170424_182031_zpsi6kt35xd.jpg

Guess what these were metric, not suppose to be....

I borrowed thread gauges from work and found the brass tee and banjo pictured on the left to be m10x1.. not sure what the bleeder size is... bringing to work to size that tomorrow....

Only one of my new wheel cylinders came with the tee so the one on the right came from my old wheel cylinder that one is 3/8-24 for the hard line, and bleeder... now I messed up the threads in my new wheel cylinder with the 3/8-24 banjo...

D.p. did you change any of your wheel cylinders lately.... the 3/8 will thread into the m10 bit it will be loose going in.... just wondering if this is the same for yours.... I wouldn't have figured this error out If I was checking on the bleeders.....

Personally I am making all new hardlines so I can put what ever brake line fitting I need but for someone who's just replacing a wheel cylinder some thing like this could be an issue..

And even my self in the future what if the next set I get has the 3/8 like it should...

So i also realized I may have bought the wrong ones too.... rock auto had listed for my 521 a 3/4 bore and 13/16... I bought the 3/4 and just found out my old ones were on fact 13/16....

I was going to warrantee exchange the one with the bad thread but now i am wondering if I should buy the 13/16 ones instead?

Any opinions? Sorry dp... I feel I am pulling this off topic... should I be starting a new post?

D.p. did you change any of your wheel cylinders lately.... the 3/8 will thread into the m10 bit it will be loose going in.... just wondering if this is the same for yours.... I wouldn't have figured this error out If I was checking on the bleeders.....

Personally I am making all new hardlines so I can put what ever brake line fitting I need but for someone who's just replacing a wheel cylinder some thing like this could be an issue..

And even my self in the future what if the next set I get has the 3/8 like it should...

Nope, guy who owned my truck before me did though.   The 3 I replaced were all tight, they were just a little shorter than what I took out so that sit lower.   This thread is fine with me IDC, keeps it all in one place so that is good. 

Ya flatcat i will deal with my wheel cylinder size in my thread...

Just odd info came up as I was checking the bleeder sizes. What i found seemed similar to what dp found. i thought it was relevant to this, but maybe not all of it.

And dp As long as it is all good for you and everything is tight...