Cats out of the bag, Supercharging the L20b.

spdcrazy

If you look at the supercharger kit that Moss Motors has sold hundreds of for MGBs, Triumph TR4s and TR6s, they use an Eaton pump along with a single HS6 or HIF44.  Problematic as the carbs are, they all develop good power and have solid reliability at 5-7 psi boost.  Pulley kits are available, so a call to Moss and a chat with their tech department may get you the pulleys you need!  I'd still look at other carb options.  

That intercooler is fantastic.  I've seen intake air temps exceed 325 degrees, so the correct diameter tubes are very important.  Low volume runners/extreme velocity = excess heat via friction.  Its equally important to have an exhaust system that would seriously outflow the stock system.  More in = more out.  Since there is no turbo sucking on the pipe, typically the head would be ported in a way that increases the intake/exhaust flow ratio by porting only (mostly anyway)  the exhaust ports for more flow.  Simply eliminating the side wall "lumps" around the head bolts make the biggest reduction of turbulence in that head.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2.25in exhaust with a cast manifold. Head is an open A87 with 1mm oversized intake valves a bowl blend, light port work too. Block is bored 30 over as well. Should flow pretty well

I'd be interested in hearing of other options on carbs, but room is limited back there due to the larger brake master cylinder (figured stopping is important to)