Phone mounts?

d.p

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah you can tell who the old codgers are pretty easily here.   I stream from my cellular telephone to a fan dangled bluetooth speaker to listen to my rock and roll music so turning it off and/or putting it in the glove box wont help.  

You put that one on your dash or the windshield? 

Your Bluetooth can't transmit through your cardboard glovebox?

tumblr_mcbpyr1zjj1riiw1do1_250.gif

And STFU about putting in my glovebox, what if I want to use navigation?   Or should I just buy a map?   Bunch of holier than thous in here.  Act like you don't ever look at your phone while driving, please.  

You could figure out where you are going before leaving, navigation is just another lame excuse, and I don't ever look at my phone while driving, it's in my tool box in the back. Do you even know what phones used to look like?

If you can't figure out a phone mount by yourself, you really shouldn't have a phone within reach while driving

No high horse here, was rear ended by some punk that knew how to text and drive. Punk in Texas thought he could text and drive, only killed 13 kids when he crashed head on into a small church bus, he knew how to text and drive didn't he

It's kind of hard to text when your phone is...in a mount

• Like 1

And STFU about putting in my glovebox, what if I want to use navigation?   Or should I just buy a map?   Bunch of holier than thous in here.  Act like you don't ever look at your phone while driving, please.

I was just asking. You only gave the one reason for use of the phone in-cab.

I wedge my phone between glass in the ashtray.

I use my phone for music and speedometer.

• Like 1
Then take out of the glove box.

Then take out of the glove box. What has happened to us? Back in the day we knew how to read road maps or probably knew where we were going. At the worst we had an adventure getting there. Today we run whining to our navigation software to find McDonald's rather than figuring it out. I have never looked at or used a phone while driving.... ever.  

Oh yeah?..... well sometimes I drive my Datsun. I navigate 700 miles to Canby and another 1,500 up through eastern Washington, Idaho, Alberta and BC with a road map. I pretty well know and have been anywhere within 100 miles of home, certainly within 50. When the end comes and the Zombies are prowling is no time to start practicing how to find your way around. News flash those navigation systems are not perfect.

I think that if your speedo works and you never use navigation put it in your glove box sure. But if you need that speedo or want to plug it into your stereo (I like my engine nose, until I get over 50 then the weird truck squawking starts). Then get a phone holder, I just put mine in the passenger seat in a roll of duct tape or something and it doesn't get too far.