VG30 Parts truck build

captain720

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any one replaced these center driveshaft bearings before? I think I pushed it on to far or something as it does not spin freely and I don't think I can pull it back at all with out literally destroying it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I towed with my 86 720 King Cab a 2007 Titan 4x4 in Nevada with a chain.  Had a lot of stares from people when we were on I80 West bound from Elko Nevada to Carlin Nevada.  It is about 25 miles between the two towns.

• Like 1

I've flat towed a 720 with another 720 using a tow bar a couple times. Its a bit sketchy so i try to stay off trafficy roads, but i have had multiple successes.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If the truck has tilt column tilt it down.  If no tilt drop the bottom steering column bolts to let the column move down. Then pull speedometer cable from the back of the dash.  Disconnect the blue and white wiring connectors just above the fuse box.  There are bolts on each side of the dash open doors to see and get access to them.  There are 3 bolts on top of the dash by the windshield.  There is 1 bolt inside the glove box.  All these bolts are Phillip or 10mm.  The 3 bolts by the windshield are easiest done with a 10mm ratchet wrench, unless the windshield is out.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a pleasure to meet you and your father.  I hgope that I did not forget something that you will need.  I am pretty conficent that you have everyting and then some extras.

If you have any questions please ask.

Ok just to let everyone know

I have been taking apart the white truck and am building it now, potentially at the expense of the blue truck. The blue truck was nice and gave me some fun times but the bed is shot and I don't want to deal with the other smallish rust spots when I have this nice 84 body.

I just picked up some AC parts and an engine and trans from Charlie as I am down here for work.

• Like 2