VG30 Parts truck build

captain720

Let me preface this by saying that I hate wiring (I literally installed had fog lights and had them on my rig for a full year until they fell off, never wired them.)

My fender mounted turn signals are not getting power, the bumper mounted ones and the rear ones are working. What should I check?

• Like 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain...driving along 82 in Yakima today towards Ellensburg, there is a salvage yard behind Walmart.

Easily spotted was a blue/silver 2WD 720. Go get that ish.

May take the engine and steering column. AR1 wrecking? I will try and call them Monday.

Edit I need another motor because well I always need more motors, and I am gonna try running a blow through Weber set up with like 7psi. I may go forged pistons and then I might rock up to 12 psi, but then I would need to consider upgrading other stuff right?

Shenanigans should always be chosen exclusively for the sake of shenanigans. If you need DD power and reliability, ka swap does make more sense. Even VG Swap.

But shenanigans are great when they are an option.

• Like 1

Too bad a NapZ motor can't wind out enough to feel any of that horsepower.

Add yellow stickers for torque.

I have a ratsun.net sticker so that has to be like 4 ft lbs.

I will probably end up going KA or SR20 eventually. The Z24s are just soo cheap and easy (I wonder why?).

• Like 1

Z24 is a good truck motor.

I am keeping a Z24 in my 4wd indefinitely, I have a couple spares.  :thumbup: It makes good torque, just put her in low and engage the clutch.

This truck though is supposed to be fast, and you know what? It is, I am gonna play with this set up for awhile before any major changes. I really like it for winter driving too, rear wheel drive is hard to beat.

• Like 2

I have some friends from and in Guam that build and race the Z24s.

Are they on here? I would be interested to hear more about that, the main thing I care about is doing uncommon stuff, not the same basic stuff everybody does, but being original.

• Like 1

Not that I am aware of.  They are young people that come from Guam to attend The Universal Tech Institute (UTI) here. 

Robit a friend of mine that has an 84 720 just finished building a Z24 for it last year.  He put custom rods, custom pistons, cam had some head work done and stuck a matchbox distributors.  Almost forgot the twin side draft Mikunis.

Here are some guam videos.

• Like 1