VG30 Parts truck build

captain720

Look at your first piston. That should be flush with the engine deck.

Unless you marked the chain and gear you now need to roll the motor over to TDC.

Rolling the L will be impossible as the chain tensioner is now in the way grabbing the chain.

• Like 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I held a level up to the head and it did not appear to be warped at all.

So it sounds like I do not have to take the whole front off?

Are these little lumpy dimple indent things normal in the pistons?

IMG_20170521_163651508_zpsbtsrqcdm.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yea I am kinda wondering if you had the timing chain blocked when the head was removed, the chain cannot go slack ever, if it does go slack then the front timing cover has to be removed to put it all back together as the timing chain tensioner likely is out of its hole.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

So it turns out, I did not let the tensioner go slack (kept the fancy blue wedge in the whole time). It is all back together again and happy. When we it back to gather it started right up and runs perfectly. Now to just fix that little tiny intake mani gasket leak.............

also these tires should fit right?

lhttps://wenatchee.craigslist.org/wto/d/14studded-snow-tires/6356940365.html

• Like 3

Well I got the fourteen inch studded ones for winter and ordered some "vintage" (tire guys are hilarious) fourteen inch white steel rims. Mr. Tire guy said that I needed to run low Pros and big rims "for better ride quality and comfort" lol. Do these guys get commission? He also tried to convince me that my studded tires were way to small and I should not run them.  :rofl:  I was thinking "hah, I can run what I want!". If she doesn't blow before June we will be at Canby.................................................... (now theirs a big IF if I ever saw one)

• Like 1

Well I got the fourteen inch studded ones for winter and ordered some "vintage" (tire guys are hilarious) fourteen inch white steel rims. Mr. Tire guy said that I needed to run low Pros and big rims "for better ride quality and comfort" lol. Do these guys get commission? He also tried to convince me that my studded tires were way to small and I should not run them.  :rofl:  I was thinking "hah, I can run what I want!". If she doesn't blow before June we will be [/size]at Canby.................................................... (now theirs a big IF if I ever saw one)

Drive a Datsun to Pasco in April first. See how you do with 80 miles before you drive 250.

• Like 2

Drive a Datsun to Pasco in April first. See how you do with 80 miles before you drive 250.

Aaaah it'll be fine.......

Actually yeah I was planning to make a drive or two before. Also my summer tires will be a little bigger.

• Like 1

I wanted to go back and redo my oics, but something wasn't working right and it was giving me trouble, so now all the old oics are plopped in the middle of the thread. But I knew that if I did not do something to placate you oic hungry monsters it would be terrible. Blasted photo bucket.

IMG_20170401_102331854.jpg    

IMG_20170401_102340528.jpg

IMG_20170401_102401332.jpg

IMG_20170401_102431436.jpg

IMG_20170401_102441821.jpg

IMG_20170401_102510986_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170401_102521515_HDR.jpg

• Like 2