Billet dash control knobs.

mrbigtanker

I will plead ignorance, but doesn't the screw thread into the shaft and not really matter to the knob? I see you have different head sizes shown...I would have assumed they would be the same size, but I'm not near my 521 or parts stash right now.

Correct.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Fellas. It looks like Tanker has your attention. Matt if you can send me the set of knobs you guys want made I'll do a test run and post them up for your approval.

These won't be cheap. Just off the top of my head from the one knob I received from Tanker they will run about $12-$15.00 per knob.

That price might go up or down. Just depends how many I make at one time. I can do what ever you guys want as far as color. But keep in mind that the anodize vendor has a minimum fee.

So if you want some special color like someone said they wanted green. That price will double if I only make 4-5 pieces.

The most expensive one will be the flasher knob. Just because it's red and would have to be run in low qty's. The black anodize knobs I can throw in with other stuff I make in black.

My flasher knob is black, are they normally red?   And got any pics of other knobs you have done?  Just interested to see what they would look like.  

The 'rare' ones are red.

OK Fellas. It looks like Tanker has your attention. Matt if you can send me the set of knobs you guys want made I'll do a test run and post them up for your approval.

These won't be cheap. Just off the top of my head from the one knob I received from Tanker they will run about $12-$15.00 per knob.

That price might go up or down. Just depends how many I make at one time. I can do what ever you guys want as far as color. But keep in mind that the anodize vendor has a minimum fee.

So if you want some special color like someone said they wanted green. That price will double if I only make 4-5 pieces.

The most expensive one will be the flasher knob. Just because it's red and would have to be run in low qty's. The black anodize knobs I can throw in with other stuff I make in black.

I will get to them this weekend and send MBT pictures first so we're on the same page.  Your price is better than I expected, so I'm definitely in for a set.  Are you interested at all in doing a run of heater control levers?  They tend to break, being plastic, so I'm sure there is a market as well, but they aren't round/conical like the other knobs.

Actually they aren't Subaru they are Fuji Heavy Industries. The same guys who made the 510 diffs. It used to be part owned by Nissan, maybe still is. Like a GE tail light bulb from a Ford in a Chev.

• Like 1

IMG_5724_zpsfyxfvjnr.jpg

Here you go guys. This what they will look like minus they will be an exact duplicate of the 521/520 knobs. And Mike when you can find sets of these along with your Unicorns let us know. If you don't want don't buy. Matt asked me and I am trying tho get this going if the guys want it and John makes them. No money really to be made here. Just helping the community.

By the way Datrod made these for 510's This is in his Wagon.

• Like 3