Thinking about grabbing a 280zx to part out.

I own a b310 and would like to buy this 1983 280zx with a 5 speed. Problem is it is very extremely rusty, however runs and drives. Will this still be a good candidate for me to grab the front struts/brakes for my b310. Also would there be anything of value left in the car? Such as the diff or motor/trans. I would say most of everything(interior/exterior) is trashed. Any quick opinions on the this?

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front struts and brakes for sure.

If '79- Aug '81build date then the 15/16" master. If after Aug. '81 thern the rear disc brake calipers.

If non turbo the 5 speed is collectible. The '79 is a one year only MID ratio box, '80 and up ate close ratio with insanely high over drive 5th.

'79s were a mixture of R-180 and R-200 differentials, all '80 and up were R-200. Ratios varied from 3.545 to 3.70

The starter is larger (may be gear reduction type) and will fit the L 4 cylinders

Alternator is 60 amp and internally regulated.

Distributor up to Aug '81 is an EI type and will replace all 240/260 distributors with points.

Really like the zx steering wheel. Thicker padded and easier to grip that most Datsun wire thin hard plastic ones. Center horn and two spoke buttons, very handy. Slightly smaller diameter.

• Like 2

Okay so it is a 1982 and he wants $400 for it. If I pick it up I'll get some pictures for you guys but like I said this thing is rough.

We understand. You're not buying the carcass just the salvageable organs.

• Like 1