Production Statistics?

DATSUN411

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty hard to estimate!  Go to the NISSAN Corporate home page, click on the flow chart of model sucession and guess what?  No 411s at all!  If mama Nissan won't acknowledge that 411 models were different that 410 models, finding production numbers is fruitless.

• Like 1

By the way a little over 4400 RL411 were imported to North America and about 4600 WRL411 wagons.  Aut5omatic transmissions out sold manual transmissions.

I really don't think I understand the RL and PL thing because mine is a PL411. Or was that just the engine designation?  Judging by my car's VIN I think I can say there was at least 32,058 of them if that's how it worked...

I really don't think I understand the RL and PL thing because mine is a PL411. Or was that just the engine designation?  Judging by my car's VIN I think I can say there was at least 32,058 of them if that's how it worked...

The "R" signifies the modified Roadster type R 1600 engine is installed with sheet metal mnods in the engine compartment [and they were fitted with twin Hitachi SU type carbs], the "P" signifies the 1300 cc type "J" engine.

• Like 1

I found this on the Nissan site, so I guess they do acknowledge the 411...

411_zps1xtdbnhb.png

https://www.nissanusa.com/about/heritage

As far as numbers, all I found with a quick search were total imported numbers here http://www.datsunhistory.com/datsunbynumbers.html

So I'd guess the numbers above are way more accurate lol

This  is the Nissan USA site and shows the 1967 RL411 that they acquired for their museum last year.  A beautiful car.  I was referring to the corporate Nissan site in Japan.  It can be accessed from here.  It has a flow chart showing the progression of models down to the present day. In the Bluebird segment, It shows the 410 as the predecessor to the 510 with no mention of the 411 series.

• Like 1