1976 C110 180K (PLC110)

EgyDat

Hello Datworld,

Glad to find a place with pure Datsun-heads.

I just got my first Datsun. Not my first Jap though, have a 1975 Landcruiser FJ43 since 2010.

My C110 has good potential but I still did not decide on what I plan and direction I plan to take. I has its original L18 engine 4 speed manual. Latest owner had some much electronics added which I plan to remove in plan to return the car to its original appearance and aesthetics. Non orignal mirrors, missing chrome parts, non original seats (original ones are with me but need to be redone) and lots more..

I would say the 180K is 75% complete, has some rust and needs a restoration.

I plan to use it as a daily drive, I prefer naturally aspirated and a twin carb conversion is something on my list.

I also plan to make a roll bar inside, strengthen suspension mounting points, make some sump and under-carriage protection...etc. and rally it from time to time. Knowing Egyptian streets are full of pot holes and bumps it would help to have narrower tires and preferably raise it an inch...

Rally seats and normal driving seats would be a bolt on swap matter.

Current wheels are 15" Borbet look-alikes (width, 7" front & 8" rear) I would love to know what were the sizes of the original rims? 14"? 13"? I would return it to original for better suspension geometry and nippy handling, also less harmful to suspension and steering parts.

Any idea how many litres of oil the L18 engine takes including a filter change?

Would appreciate all your thoughts, ideas and input? I guess I can only perfect my Dat with your support a d knowledge. Im good with old landcruisers if anyone needs help

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to look this up, it's an old Skyline! How cool is that?

Tires were likely 14"

Buy 5 liters of oil. Put 4 liters in and run the engine to fill the filter. Check and add to the full line on the dip stick. I think 4.3 liters but just fill until it is full. The remainder can be used to top it up.

Welcome to Ratsun ... and post pictures, everyone will ask about it..... http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/farmer_joe620/CAM00125_zps09510db0.jpg

You don't see many Kenmeri around these days, hell I've only seen a handful at a few shows in Japan and one in Thailand.

All those I've seen stock were running 14" as Mike mentioned, can't wait to see it. 

Just wondering, what model is it? would love to see a wagon. 

Welcome to the circus.

To be certain, there is nothing "pure" about anyone on here.

Somebody is sure to come along and say something about pics of your ride. B)

Had to make a photobucket account.

The model confuses me slightly as the rear lights are not common..or so I feel having not seen alot of them online. Please feel free to teach me about this specific Kenmeri, much appreciated.

Hope these links work

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/EgyDat/images%2070_zpsebisngcq.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/EgyDat/20170223_17245922_zps6fy9czdb.jpg

My other Jap http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/EgyDat/IMG_603622_zpsheqnjkyo.jpg

images%2070_zpsebisngcq.jpg20170223_17245922_zps6fy9czdb.jpgIMG_603622_zpsheqnjkyo.jpg

That should help if anyone complains about the pictures not being linked correctly. 

The model confuses me slightly as the rear lights are not common..or so I feel having not seen alot of them online. Please feel free to teach me about this specific Kenmeri, much appreciated.

The lights are uncommon, if I remember correctly they were for the early GL four door models (at least in Japan, could be different for different markets) but I have seen them used a ton in a conversion on the Laurel. Just like the X-1 cherry rear was used all the time for the Kenmeri.  

And for the love of god, please do something about those mirrors....

Badass FJ as well, is it Diesel?

images%2070_zpsebisngcq.jpg20170223_17245922_zps6fy9czdb.jpgIMG_603622_zpsheqnjkyo.jpg

That should help if anyone complains about the pictures not being linked correctly. 

The lights are uncommon, if I remember correctly they were for the early GL four door models (at least in Japan, could be different for different markets) but I have seen them used a ton in a conversion on the Laurel. Just like the X-1 cherry rear was used all the time for the Kenmeri.  

And for the love of god, please do something about those mirrors....

Badass FJ as well, is it Diesel?

Hello TSKB30, The 43 is not a diesel, original 2F engine and 3 speed on the floor.

I guess you skimmed through the post and didnt read what I wrote regarding all the cheesy addons that need to be removed from the car. I just bought the 180K, it will take a while..will keep you updated.

Love the Land cruiser

Thank you Banzai, took my 4 years to rebuild it. More photos here https://m.facebook.com/mahmoud.ezzeldin.33/albums/10150146798825280/?ref=bookmarks

Removed from the car so far.

4 speakers, 4 tweeters, 2 amps, 3 equalizers, rear view cam, touch screen (was hanging on the rear view mirror) a 1500 watt subwoofer that took 2 thirds of the trunk. CD player, cassete player and about 100 meters of wires and cables, feels like I had an additional passenger.

Took out the stupid devil exhuast (noisy with no punch even) and placed an all stock exhaust from engine to tail. Car is smoother and actually running freely.

I will drive it as I do the work, I greased her up the other day and realized I what the under carriage will need. Also an engine rebuild and gearbox rebuild will be coming up in some point.

Any ideas where to find a complete rubber bushings kit for the suspension?

Went looking for the rear light panel but no luck so far, also looking for the original steel rims, I still have the spare tire so Im looking for something similar.

Any hint to which models shared similar steel wheels? as we have alot of Datsun pickup trucks and other Datsuns.

The car has the original rear seat and door upholstery. But im looking for all the manual windows mechanism and handles as to remove the electric windows previous owner installed. Also later will remove the alarm system and central locking.

Always greatful for your support.