I got it one piece at a time........

captain720

Is it only on the 4x4? massive torque loads transferred in both directions through the transfer case to the transmission in lo.

"rear engine mounting damper assy"

11325-10W10 from 11 '82 so all '83 and up model years. About $100 from the dealer if available.

Diagram shows manual transmission. Does not specify 2wd or 4x4 man or auto but does specify king cab. Didn't the KC have the short tail 5 speeds?

• Like 1
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Is it only on the 4x4? massive torque loads transferred in both directions through the transfer case to the transmission in lo.

"rear engine mounting damper assy"

11325-10W10 from 11 '82 so all '83 and up model years. About $100 from the dealer if available.

Diagram shows manual transmission. Does not specify 2wd or 4x4 man or auto but does specify king cab. Didn't the KC have the short tail 5 speeds?

My 4x4 king cabs have the short tail 5 speed and my 2wd king cab has the long tail 5 speed. All of them have the shock absorber on the transmission, even the 2wd. Not sure if they are all the same but they appear to be. 

Much easier to remove the short tail because it clears the cross member better.

Edited by powderfinger
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, powderfinger said:

My 4x4 king cabs have the short tail 5 speed and my 2wd king cab has the long tail 5 speed. All of them have the shock absorber on the transmission, even the 2wd. Not sure if they are all the same but they appear to be. 

Much easier to remove the short tail because it clears the cross member better.

Good to know. The same part is on all years.

• Like 2

I set mine basically to match the factory RPM as best I could.  I don't recall what I did with choke and idle though.  It's been a while and I'm no carb expert.  I abuse a friends knowledge when I need to be particular.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lockleaf said:

I set mine basically to match the factory RPM as best I could.  I don't recall what I did with choke and idle though.  It's been a while and I'm no carb expert.  I abuse a friends knowledge when I need to be particular.

I agree on the factory or close to it hot idle, I don't think the cold idle matters as much but it seems when it's higher (say 1400 rpms) right at the begining it builds oil pressure nice and fast I was just wondering what others do

• Like 1
Just now, datzenmike said:

If it helps, the stock Hitachi's fast idle is 1,800-2,200. 

Thanks Mike! That is exactly the information I wanted!!!!! I have mine set at 1800 right now and I really like it, thanks for the verification that that is reasonable!

• Like 1

Slowed down for traffic (had plenty of following distance, hardly even used the brakes just enough to light up the brake lights) and got rear ended by a Buick. 720 was not damaged noticably, I was doing about 20 MPH and the Buick wholesaled it into my rear bumper doing about 40. The other guys Buick needs some cosmetic front end repair but my 720 seems to have survived

Edited by captain720
  • Like 1

Is anybody running NGK 

BPR6EGP and BPR5EGP in their Z24s? I never really payed attention to spark plug version before always just ran the cheapest NGK plugs I could get.

I've seen people say to only run

Exhaust Plugs...BPR5ES

Intake Plugs......BPR6ES before but it seems like the EGPs should work just fine?

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Bit pricy, theoretically will work but these were not available 35 years ago so??? I think they simply need less maintenance and last longer rather the work 'better'.

Good deal I'll try them and report back how they work. They were all that's available in town and only cost a few dollars more so I decided to go for it

• 2 weeks later...