How To Get Best Gas Mileage?

Air dam, overdrive, skinny hard tires, drafting....

assuming you all ready have lots of really big magnets zip tied to the fuel line with an insert that swirls the air going into the intake as seen on TV

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call on tailgate open or closed for best gas mileage. I think Mythbusters actually did an episode on this, with a full sized pick up. If I remember the results correctly, a long bed full sized pick up got better mileage with the tail gate down. But a short bed truck got better mileage with the tail gate up.

Now, how that translates to a mini truck, I do not know

I was going to call out the same show, but those are not the results, I saw, they did a water tank with floating oat meal, and a pump to move the water, and used a model truck with a working tailgate, the oats were to see the air sort of speak, gate up, made a bible of air and stayed with the truck, and the rest of the air traveled over this bible, gate down made for broken air and oats hanging on way behind the truck which made for drag.

Lastly they filled up two trucks with fuel, that were same, one gate down and one up, they drove em side by side changing lanes and made for no drafting advantage, tailgate down ran out first. So they busted that one, always laugh when I see a guy with gate down.