Introducing... new member with a KA swap project

Thehoffinator

Hey folks! Long time reader, finally decided to join the group. My name is Josh, and im from California, in the Bay Area! I recently picked up a 1973 620 after searching for the perfect project (for me anyways). What I found was a truck that somebody has put a lot of work and research into... and was ill fated to be incomplete when funds and interest ran out. I'm not sure the History too much, but somebody has definitely been a member of Ratsun who owned this truck before me. It has:

Ka24DE

2eDeYe's motor mount brackets

Can Am relay box

Wiring mostly finished

Power steering delete/single belt

Disc brakes and 720 ball joint suspension

New brake master, clutch slave and clutch master cylinders

Aluminum radiator

Quite a few other little things

Truck came with MOST stuff to finish. I've just been gathering finishing swap parts and should HOPEFULLY start getting into fire up zone shortly. Very excited to be a part of the Datsun community with my new to me Lil Hustler! Here's some pics of when I brought it home, and after polishing up the original paint...

20161127_154746_zpsl81e9qp4.jpg

20161127_154735_zpscwxxry7w.jpg

20161127_170211_zpsompgb6pi.jpg

20161127_170219_zpsnuwmmuxc.jpg

20161218_145657_zpsw41iz7yz.jpg

Looking forward to keep gaining knowledge on this bad boy, and more importantly, DRIVING IT!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha well, I am an Audiophile... but the stereo isn't on my number 1. She will get some Focals when the timing is right, going to have to match the ridiculous system i have in my Duramax... but for now it's just finishing up this well deserved and long overdue completion of this build. Just got my header, Walbro 255, filter and 02 sensor in today, next step is mounting the Rad and then the Can Am box it's already wired but uh... finding a spot for it and the ECU is a little tight...

• Like 1

Haha well, I am an Audiophile... but the stereo isn't on my number 1. She will get some Focals when the timing is right, going to have to match the ridiculous system i have in my Duramax... but for now it's just finishing up this well deserved and long overdue completion of this build. Just got my header, Walbro 255, filter and 02 sensor in today, next step is mounting the Rad and then the Can Am box it's already wired but uh... finding a spot for it and the ECU is a little tight...

My red truck I mounted the ECU to the package tray. My green one has it under the passenger seat. 

The passenger kick panel area is also a good spot or up under the dash on the firewall. 

I also haven't had my Can/Am box installed yet but it will either go next to the ECU on the package tray or under the relay cover under the hood. 

That's what I'm thinking, somewhere up in that area.. what did you guys use to mount it? Just sheet metal screws? I also scored a compete dash with a tach, since the one in the truck is a skeleton...do you think I could mount that ECU up behind the dash, but still have enough space to remove the existing dash and replace it? I'm a fan of keeping wiring hidden, so up behind the glove would be legit

Hey 2eDeYe... I bought the eBay 4-2-1 header that I commonly see people run. Do you have to remove the torsion bars in order to install the header? Or were you able to run without removing them? I tried installing the header but the bars are in the way... not sure how detrimental they are to ride quality

Hey 2eDeYe... I bought the eBay 4-2-1 header that I commonly see people run. Do you have to remove the torsion bars in order to install the header? Or were you able to run without removing them? I tried installing the header but the bars are in the way... not sure how detrimental they are to ride quality

I used the stock manifold.