Surgery

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still in pain and my meds are almost gone, still cant lift anything over 20 lbs consistantly is been almost 3 weeks since i had surgery i researched recovery time for my surgery and i varies from 4 to 8 weeks, 

every type of surgery has different recovery times for every patient 

there is of course an average time which looks to be 4 to 8 weeks 

still a large spread if you feel something is wrong ask your doctor

hope you start feeling better soon

good luck  

Distraction is key...focus on items that you are able to fully occupy your mind with....such as the step by step plans of a build...etc...what ever keeps your focus.

At times in the past, I had to build, breakdown and rebuild my project engine multiple times...due to the length of the healing process.

• Like 1

went to the surgeon today and he thinks next week i should be back to full duty and 3 weeks is long enough recovery time but i explained to him that i still have pain especially when riding in a car with all the road damages and i still on percocet and he thinks i should be taking motrin now and the pain is inflammation, i scheduled a follow up with my family doctor so i can explain to him he issues, i did my homework on the type of surgery and recovery time and normal recovery time is 6-8 weeks but since it is a workmans comp, i think he is looking out for the best interest for the company instead of me 

take the time you need if your still in pain dont let them push you to soon 

i dont think the perkocet fights inflammation at all and the motrin will 

double check but you should be able to take both as long as the type of med is a different category 

I had hernia surgery and wasnt taking motrin or IB profen when I should have been for the inflammation 

I could have taken motrin/tylenol and norco or tremadahl all at the same time because they are different types of meds 

• Like 1