spare tire carrier crank

submmbob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F.Y.I.

I live 45 miles from the guy in Lake Forest who sells the long red 620 jack rods and vinyl covers on ebay. He and I met once over a CL deal a couple years back. I turned him onto Tdaaj  for some big scarce parts and they did on online deal. The second time I met him was after I picked up the parts from Fucking Ted at Eagle Rock. Dropped them by the guy's house on the way back south to San Diego and I got a nice tailgate out of the deal.  

He's a nice guy, retired military. He gave me an original one and one of his aftermarket ones to check out side-by-side. I looked em over good and wouldn't have been able to tell them apart if it hadn't been for the new red paint. If I didn't have one, and had the money... for his selling price,  I wouldn't hesitate to buy one vs. an old rusty one or a bent one that I would have to rework. And he wouldn't jeopardize his reputation selling crappy copies. I'd rather save my time to diagnose operational issues.

F.Y.I.

I live 45 miles from the guy in Lake Forest who sells the long red 620 jack rods and vinyl covers on ebay. He and I met once over a CL deal a couple years back. I turned him onto Tdaaj for some big scarce parts and they did on online deal. The second time I met him was after I picked up the parts from Fucking Ted at Eagle Rock. Dropped them by the guy's house on the way back south to San Diego and I got a nice tailgate out of the deal.

He's a nice guy, retired military. He gave me an original one and one of his aftermarket ones to check out side-by-side. I looked em over good and wouldn't have been able to tell them apart if it hadn't been for the new red paint. If I didn't have one, and had the money... for his selling price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one vs. an old rusty one or a bent one that I would have to rework. And he wouldn't jeopardize his reputation selling crappy copies. I'd rather save my time to diagnose operational issues.

U tAlking about rodsmods?

I found one on the bay, I'll send u the link.

I was gonna nab it, but I changed my mind. Im going to get the F-150 kit because it breaks down into a bag that I can stash under my seat (and it's only $30), None of the factory lug wrenches are going to fit in the recessed holes on mags anyways, I just need a way to get the spare up and down.

https://www.amazon.com/2004-2014-Ford-F150-Spare-Replacement/dp/B010W3VGLG

• Like 1

Anybody know this guy's ebay name? Sounds like what I need.

F.Y.I.

I live 45 miles from the guy in Lake Forest who sells the long red 620 jack rods and vinyl covers on ebay. He and I met once over a CL deal a couple years back. I turned him onto Tdaaj  for some big scarce parts and they did on online deal. The second time I met him was after I picked up the parts from Fucking Ted at Eagle Rock. Dropped them by the guy's house on the way back south to San Diego and I got a nice tailgate out of the deal.  

He's a nice guy, retired military. He gave me an original one and one of his aftermarket ones to check out side-by-side. I looked em over good and wouldn't have been able to tell them apart if it hadn't been for the new red paint. If I didn't have one, and had the money... for his selling price,  I wouldn't hesitate to buy one vs. an old rusty one or a bent one that I would have to rework. And he wouldn't jeopardize his reputation selling crappy copies. I'd rather save my time to diagnose operational issues.

I found one on the bay, I'll send u the link.

I was gonna nab it, but I changed my mind. Im going to get the F-150 kit because it breaks down into a bag that I can stash under my seat (and it's only $30), None of the factory lug wrenches are going to fit in the recessed holes on mags anyways, I just need a way to get the spare up and down.

https://www.amazon.com/2004-2014-Ford-F150-Spare-Replacement/dp/B010W3VGLG

Thanks Rizzo

I've added this to my Amazon wish list  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Here is a link to the dude:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Jack-Rod-Datsun-620-Datsun-520-Datsun-521-Datsun-Pickup-NEW-/152425252416?hash=item237d40c640:g:meUAAOSwGotWmHHw&vxp=mtr

or search "620 jack" on ebay. He makes them and has reg. cab and king cab. I've sent him PM's - he is very responsive.

for anyone looking for a handle - i stumbled on this in the 280Z section, look like it fits the 620:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152403006747?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

OP does not need it, so thought I'd share...

Here is a link to the dude:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Jack-Rod-Datsun-620-Datsun-520-Datsun-521-Datsun-Pickup-NEW-/152425252416?hash=item237d40c640:g:meUAAOSwGotWmHHw&vxp=mtr

or search "620 jack" on ebay. He makes them and has reg. cab and king cab. I've sent him PM's - he is very responsive.

That's the guy.