Panasport type wheels on a 620

ErickwithnoK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use a front wheel drive style wheel and a 5-lug adapter you'll have an easy time finding cool wheels to fit BUT will they look good with that offset?  MANY good options out there in a 6-lug.  Look at older Toyota wheels.  See what newer companies like Rocket have to offer.  Many wheel manufacturers get a few sets of wheels made with no holes drilled so they can adapt to what you need.  Try Hap at Acme Speed Shop to see if he can do that with his VTO wheels:  http://www.acmespeedshop.com/wheels/

If you use a front wheel drive style wheel and a 5-lug adapter you'll have an easy time finding cool wheels to fit BUT will they look good with that offset?  MANY good options out there in a 6-lug.  Look at older Toyota wheels.  See what newer companies like Rocket have to offer.  Many wheel manufacturers get a few sets of wheels made with no holes drilled so they can adapt to what you need.  Try Hap at Acme Speed Shop to see if he can do that with his VTO wheels:  http://www.acmespeedshop.com/wheels/

I sent an email to that shop asking about their classic 8 wheels in a 6 lug, waiting on a response from them, I'll post the results here.

I think I shouldnt buy these because they aren't EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'll share em here. What do you guys think.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=m180967110

Not sure how yahoo japan works but it looks like 500 bucks for 6 lug enkei's...

You will typically need to use a buying agent to purchase them, and they charge fees. Then shipping is kinda expensive, so add a few more hundreds to that number.

I run the Decem-10s in 15x7 -15 with 225x60 tires.

DSC09287-b.jpg

They are an extremely light rim, in the 16 lb range, and I avoid pot holes & curbs like an abola infected african village.

Now I am about to take them off, and sell them down the river because they don't fit over the Z32 calipers, Honda rotor brake combo because they have the reduced diameter for tire mounting on the inside.

Will be going to a 16x8 0 offset which will put the outer lip at nearly the exact same distance from the fender.

No adaptors for me, seen too many of them break on other cars if they are not babied.

I run the Decem-10s in 15x7 -15 with 225x60 tires.

DSC09287-b.jpg

They are an extremely light rim, in the 16 lb range, and I avoid pot holes & curbs like an abola infected african village.

Now I am about to take them off, and sell them down the river because they don't fit over the Z32 calipers, Honda rotor brake combo because they have the reduced diameter for tire mounting on the inside.

Will be going to a 16x8 0 offset which will put the outer lip at nearly the exact same distance from the fender.

No adaptors for me, seen too many of them break on other cars if they are not babied.

Where did you find those wheels, love them. Searching decem 10 wheels doesnt turn up anything for me.

You will typically need to use a buying agent to purchase them, and they charge fees. Then shipping is kinda expensive, so add a few more hundreds to that number.

On the right side of the page it says "Japan delivery" I thought that was the shipping cost, since it says "north america" with a price next to it. Buying agent? I can't use a paypal account to make a purchase?

Most Japanese sellers do not speak English or care to deal with Americans. Your ad could be an exception though

I sent an email to the help folks on the japanese yahoo auction site and they said I would be assigned a representative in Japan to make the sale for me, and that shipping would be extra. Something I definitely can't afford.  :sleep:

I think I have found what I want...

I'm going to use these adapters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-2-6x5-5-to-5x4-5-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-Pickup-Truck-SUV-jj/302214370643?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41402%26meid%3D33d5168bfc5a4717b50bc9666e14c63e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D291760875438

With these wheels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENKEI-Compe-15X7-5X114-3-38-Gunmetal-Qty-of-4-/172335310298?hash=item281ffc25da:g:NZwAAOSw-CpX-ZQk&vxp=mtr

My only concern is the offset. If my research is right, I have 4" of clearance between the mounting surface of the drum to the fender, and those are 7" wheels with a +38 offset ( 1-1/2" ). That would mean that 2 inches of wheel would be on the fender side of the wheel well (7 inch wheel divided by 2 to find centerline = 3.5, centerline + offset = 5, 7-5=2). Since I'm running 2 inch adapter/spacers, that would give me 0 clearance for the fender. Is my math right? what else should I be concerned with?

best method is let other people bring those wheels in from Japan and wait till their car is in work and they get married and have kids then the wheels will go for half price

I got some MeshSSRs for my beater 510 that way and now sitting in the closet thinking why I payed 700$ for these cause they are too nice to put on my car.

Sending stuff anymore is just a waist of time and MONEY. Ever send a packing thru UPS or USPS overseas just kills ya. Even sending to T Shirts to Germany cost more then the T shirts them selves.

Get stock rims newly painted and call it good.

I got more compliments with the stock rims and hubcaps(my 521) than running aftermarket wheels(Its the truth)  just lower the truck

best method is let other people bring those wheels in from Japan and wait till their car is in work and they get married and have kids then the wheels will go for half price

I got some MeshSSRs for my beater 510 that way and now sitting in the closet thinking why I payed 700$ for these cause they are too nice to put on my car.

Sending stuff anymore is just a waist of time and MONEY. Ever send a packing thru UPS or USPS overseas just kills ya. Even sending to T Shirts to Germany cost more then the T shirts them selves.

Get stock rims newly painted and call it good.

I got more compliments with the stock rims and hubcaps(my 521) than running aftermarket wheels(Its the truth)  just lower the truck

Stock wheels definitely have a good look, it's just not my look. Also I don't have stock rims. I have some 15" chromes that I hate, never like American wheels on a Japanese car...I think the banana's make it look distinctly Japanese without being over the top or flashy. Just the look I want  :thumbup:

[/url]">http://6c6dffc6b85a2f7fa034d37443f4ea8f_zpspw1b

[/url]">http://http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/erickwithnok/media/812c1b87365a0201eb1f4351f740f274_zpsn3ygwinn.jpg.html'>812c1b87365a0201eb1f4351f740f274_zpsn3yg

Love these wheels...

After all, I'd rather like the way my truck looks than get compliments on it! 

Don't get me wrong. The pansaport /Watanabe. I had some Panasports also till a smashed my car. car fixed and got some Cheap Rota RBs .

Jap web/BBS Mesh is the best look out there. Timeless

But really you got only a 620 It not worth going broke over it. to get that look

when dealing with Datsun stuff deal local or from a reputal dealer otherwise your going to get burned

• Like 1

Your rim specs- 15x7 et38

Spacers - 2 inches = 50mm(ish)

38-50 = et-12

-12 is the effective offset of that setup.

The pic below is that setup compared to the Chevy rally rim setup so you have a basic visual idea of fitment.

Capture_2017-02-10-21-12-23_zpsbjbdrl4n.

Your setup will poke 1 inch LESS than the Chevy rallys. They should fit without any major issues.

That being said, I'm a big fan of dish and you're throwing away two inches of lip you could be running, or more.

I respect wanting your truck to look how you want, but i would at least watch the market for a couple of months and see what pops up before pulling the trigger on those rims and spacers. You can always buy that same stuff in May.

The compe 15x8 et25 would have an effective offset with your spacers of et-25. Fitment would be nearly identical to the Chevy rally. Granted it only comes in 4lug, but with spacers, if you aren't racing or hauling loads, 4 lug should be no worse than the 5lug. Doesn't cost much more either.

Your rim specs- 15x7 et38

Spacers - 2 inches = 50mm(ish)

38-50 = et-12

-12 is the effective offset of that setup.

The pic below is that setup compared to the Chevy rally rim setup so you have a basic visual idea of fitment.

Capture_2017-02-10-21-12-23_zpsbjbdrl4n.

Your setup will poke 1 inch LESS than the Chevy rallys. They should fit without any major issues.

That being said, I'm a big fan of dish and you're throwing away two inches of lip you could be running, or more.

I respect wanting your truck to look how you want, but i would at least watch the market for a couple of months and see what pops up before pulling the trigger on those rims and spacers. You can always buy that same stuff in May.

I would wait to buy wheels, but that would mean buying just tires in the meantime, and they wouldn't fit my future wheels unfortunately :(. Mine tires are worn and dangerous on wet roads, and I don't want to buy two sets of tires, or wait out another set before buying wheels. I'm not sure if I want more dish than these have. I think it will be important to see what they actually look like on the truck. From what I can see of other applications of these wheels I like em a lot! I'll definitely post pictures when I get them on the truck and let you tell me I'm wrong afterwards. Thank you very much for the example from willtheyfit, I'm gonna go for it and blame you if they don't fit  :thumbup:

The compe 15x8 et25 would have an effective offset with your spacers of et-25. Fitment would be nearly identical to the Chevy rally. Granted it only comes in 4lug, but with spacers, if you aren't racing or hauling loads, 4 lug should be no worse than the 5lug. Doesn't cost much more either.

The problem is finding 6x5.5 to 4x100 spacers, they're very expensive and difficult to find as far as I can tell...also if I went to 4 lug it would open the door to a whole different set of wheels I love. The Konig Rewind is really nice, but only comes in 4x100. I also like Watanabe's but that would be out of my budget unless I found some nice used wheels. Decisions decisions...I guess it all depends on whether or not I can find 6 to 4 lug spacers.

I'm definitely not racing or hauling loads. I'm leaving the l20b in it, cleaning it up, lowering it and making it reliable and pretty. It's a driver not a worker, for sure. 

Also, thanks for all your insight. Teaching me a lot. This morning I didn't know what wheel offset was.