I am *THINKING* of selling my tiny collection of 4 cyl L parts, but I am not sure what to price it at

bajango

I don't know how much to price stuff. Can I get some help? Here's my list and what I think its worth, judging from some interweb surfing (yes I know, point and laugh). Lemme know, because I am unsure! I can add pictures if wanted

Rebuilt 219 Closed chamber head, has a regrind stock-ish L20b cam $500

Dual Weber Side draft Canon Intake w/ linkages with your choice of rebuilt Weber 40 dcoe or 45 dcoe $800

Rebuilt Pair of Weber dcoe with no intake $500

Offenhauser intake for 4 Barrel carb $250

Mallory Unilite optical trigger distributor $150

New Round port headers $100

185,000mi Stock running L20b from a grandpa 720 $500

5Spd transmission from the same truck $250

Brand new 521 grille with a repop SSS badge $250

1968/1969 ribbed valve cover $50

Oil pump $50

Thermostat housing and block outlet $50
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fine. Try here...  http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  .... This is why we have the classifieds. The whole point is to avoid comments on quality and prices. Immaterial what people think or opinion about what you are selling.  In the end, ether it sells, or it does not. If not, you can take the best offer, reduce the price, or keep it. 

Be sure to include quality pictures and a good description. This will reduce many of the questions asked.

If this post begins to sound like an ad it will be closed. If you have a technical question about a part's identity or what it was on or what it will also fit, ask away and include in your ad.  For example the 219 will fit any L series 4 cylinder but to make it work properly on an L16, you really need flat top pistons or the compression will drop.

• Like 1

IMO if you were to post a classified for the parts at those prices you wouldn't sell much. Most of these are double what people would actually pay for those parts. This is Ratsun. Mostly cheap asses. The header, 5spd, grill and valve cover would sell at those prices.

IMO if you were to post a classified for the parts at those prices you wouldn't sell much. Most of these are double what people would actually pay for those parts. This is Ratsun. Mostly cheap asses. The header, 5spd, grill and valve cover would sell at those prices.

Copper wire was discovered by two Datsun owners fighting over a penny.

• Like 5

Strongly disagree.

The prices are spot on with today's market. And yes, Ratsun is full of cheap asses.

• Like 3

Looks fine. Try here...  http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  .... This is why we have the classifieds. The whole point is to avoid comments on quality and prices. Immaterial what people think or opinion about what you are selling.  In the end, ether it sells, or it does not. If not, you can take the best offer, reduce the price, or keep it. 

Be sure to include quality pictures and a good description. This will reduce many of the questions asked.

If this post begins to sound like an ad it will be closed. If you have a technical question about a part's identity or what it was on or what it will also fit, ask away and include in your ad.  For example the 219 will fit any L series 4 cylinder but to make it work properly on an L16, you really need flat top pistons or the compression will drop.

Take it to private message. This isn't a for sale ad.

• 2 weeks later...