Anyone Parting out a 1967 Datsun 520 ?

LOW 520

Hello fellow Rats,

I am looking for some parts as we all are... I am searching if anyone out there has a 1967 Datsun 520 for parts?

I am seeking :

Brake light switch or brake lamp pressure switch

*Heater Core

Driver side door unlock plunger/pin

*Driver side Headlight assembly

Bin underneath the glove compartment

*Windsheield wiper blade holder (made in japan stamped), not wiper arms.

stock tube fuses with the little white paper inside

*passenger side Mirror

Thanks to all of you whom want to help a brotha out!  I appreciate your time & efforts!

Not trying to be rude, but as not to waist your time, no need to reply if the parts you are offering are Totally Trashed  : )

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your Reply Draker-

I did not know i couldn't post my request here.

I am looking for either NOS or Parts to clean up.. as long as Clean up doesn't mean fabricating :)

I will take heed to your advice and try re-post in classifieds.  I hope the moderators leave this thread on :)

Hello fellow Rats,

I am looking for some parts as we all are... I am searching if anyone out there has a 1967 Datsun 520 for parts?

I am seeking :

Brake light switch or brake lamp pressure switch

*Heater Core

Driver side door unlock plunger/pin

*Driver side Headlight assembly

Bin underneath the glove compartment

*Windsheield wiper blade holder (made in japan stamped), not wiper arms.

stock tube fuses with the little white paper inside

*passenger side Mirror

Thanks to all of you whom want to help a brotha out!  I appreciate your time & efforts!

Not trying to be rude, but as not to waist your time, no need to reply if the parts you are offering are Totally Trashed  : )

Just a few remarks.

Brake light switch.  Most current aftermarket switch assemblies are crap!  The body is stamped steel with a brazed in threaded section to thread into the distribution block.  They have very poor [over sized] filet on the braze joints and will not thread far enough [due to poor braze joint] to seal into the brake distribution block on the firewall.  Search in "Brakes" on this site for the source [RockAuto] and part number of a wholly machined all brass brake light light switch which will seal!  Downside, it is fully machined, not steel stamped, so the hex corners are 120 degree sharp corners!  So what?  Your standard Brake or oil pressure [or standard uniform set]socket will NOT fit, they have rounded apexes for the junction of the hex faces!  You will have to use an open end wrench to tighten it in, and it will work like a charm.  I have one in my RL411.

Heater core.  Forget it! I just gave away the most probably rebuildable core on the planet!  They used to be brand new from the dealer network for $17, good luck on that.

Bin.  If you can find a 410 or 411 in the JY, they will fit in.  Hen's teeth to be honest.

Door lock plunger [if that's what you want].  Any auto parts store has replacement aftermarket knob sets that look identical to 510/ 520/ 410 / 411 originals.

Passenger side mirror.  Was not a factory item. See Roberk catalog for visually similar universal mirror with flat mirror.  Advantage is that they can be adjusted and set with a screw integral to the upper arm, not like factory original which had the adjust screw inside the lower mount which requires you to remove the mirror from the door mount in order to adjust the angle.1967 cars and did not have "Cars in view are closer than viewed" etching because they did not have right side door rear view mirrors.

• Like 1

Just a few remarks.

Brake light switch.  Most current aftermarket switch assemblies are crap!  The body is stamped steel with a brazed in threaded section to thread into the distribution block.  They have very poor [over sized] filet on the braze joints and will not thread far enough [due to poor braze joint] to seal into the brake distribution block on the firewall.  Search in "Brakes" on this site for the source [RockAuto] and part number of a wholly machined all brass brake light light switch which will seal!  Downside, it is fully machined, not steel stamped, so the hex corners are 120 degree sharp corners!  So what?  Your standard Brake or oil pressure [or standard uniform set]socket will NOT fit, they have rounded apexes for the junction of the hex faces!  You will have to use an open end wrench to tighten it in, and it will work like a charm.  I have one in my RL411.

Heater core.  Forget it! I just gave away the most probably rebuildable core on the planet!  They used to be brand new from the dealer network for $17, good luck on that.

Bin.  If you can find a 410 or 411 in the JY, they will fit in.  Hen's teeth to be honest.

Door lock plunger [if that's what you want].  Any auto parts store has replacement aftermarket knob sets that look identical to 510/ 520/ 410 / 411 originals.

Passenger side mirror.  Was not a factory item. See Roberk catalog for visually similar universal mirror with flat mirror.  Advantage is that they can be adjusted and set with a screw integral to the upper arm, not like factory original which had the adjust screw inside the lower mount which requires you to remove the mirror from the door mount in order to adjust the angle.1967 cars and did not have "Cars in view are closer than viewed" etching because they did not have right side door rear view mirrors.

Thank you for taking the time to write down all that super useful information...  I am stoked.. i now have a new way to hunt due to your reply.. Mahalos!

Thank you for taking the time to write down all that super useful information...  I am stoked.. i now have a new way to hunt due to your reply.. Mahalos!

I just went to the web site you recommend for my brake light switch and i was able to order the proper one at a Superb price.. One thing checked off my list! Good Karma Coming your way! Thanks again!