bonvos new daily 04 dodge srt4

im realizing im very far behind on updating everyone i already posted what i got for the sentra but this is why i got rid of it in the first place i enjoyed the sentra a lot but i really wanted a turbo and to boost the sentra would have cost around 5k then a friend of mine had this and needed to sell it and since it cost about 5k i went for it its an 04 srt4 so it has the lsd trans it makes about 14 psi stock and this one is just about as stock as it comes only mod she had when i got her was a manual boost controller turning the boost down to about 8 psi so the po's wife wouldnt kill herself and a 3 inch side exit straight pipe exhaust ive made a few little mods and i have some lowering springs to go on but this one is just going to be on dd duty till the datsun is done 

FB_IMG_1457059311099_zpsxqaso08n.jpg

FB_IMG_1457059318700_zps6kornr4d.jpg

20160314_181856_zpssm50ve58.jpg

new wheels since one of the factory ones was cracked 

20160314_181726_zpstnbuqews.jpg

20160314_181747_zpszdz4yywy.jpg

random pics

20160327_193106_zpsbn0mhfhh.jpg

20160328_220005_zpsxz0fd5mm.jpg

20160328_220028_zpskncuy46w.jpg

20160328_220707_zpsftrjraox.jpg

20160328_220823_zps6llsnxeg.jpg

20160327_180158_zps4q67st6u.jpg

plastidipped the front and rear bumpers eventually ill cut out the cross hairs its the one thing about this car that bugs me 

20160612_183721_zps7wwxplj3.jpg

20160612_183717_zpsbavwczix.jpg

20160612_183735_zps3cjf4o2o.jpg

20160627_000650_zpstmpcnusw.jpg

20160627_000744_zpsclpqinxc.jpg

factory boot for the intake ripped so i threw on a cai hard to tell but the black is the same paint i used on the wheels for the 620

20160911_152612_zpskczfwwlp.jpg

parts stash waiting for me to have time 

20161008_034727_zps9mgevrfo.jpg

20161008_034855_zps9djz0yuq.jpg

20161008_034910_zpshov1izcx.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

went to work today installing the drop springs today got tthe rear done before i got rained out 

0320171404_HDR_zps1o648kca.jpg

0320171404a_HDR_zpsjsu08pfc.jpg

0320171539_zpsigim66s5.jpg

total drop in the rear 2.5 inches 

0320171606_zpsoehygobl.jpg

0320171606a_zps8hagmvbe.jpg

0320171606b_zpszveeftxb.jpg

cant wait till my next day off to get the front dropped 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

some updates here as well i took the car and got real exhaust i was getting really tired of the drone from the straight pipe

3 inch from the turbo back into a maganaflow muffler with dual 2.5 inch exits and 4 inch tips 

2jjz3wf.jpg

M1jDW3J.jpg

ConXzmO.jpg

nkaCcnb.jpg

6K5DVZV.jpg

uN4rzTq.jpg

HuEVj2R.jpg

EpsjG4y.jpg

new turbo xs hybrid blow off valve

phxdVOC.jpg

and poly shifter bushings 

FUkaW5B.jpg

also installed some switches they arent wired yet but the will be a manual fan overrided front fog lights and exhaust cut out once i finish it up 

3dxxoXa.jpg

• Like 1

winter showed its ugly face so i threw some studs on the stock rims 

V8JFQio.jpg

3Mpb3ng.jpg

Dv37430.jpg

decided to get a little adventurous and took the head lights apart to paint some of the trim giving them a more modern look 

ZzXqukg.jpg

BIiYz6r.jpg

BGlV5TS.jpg

jeoADqd.jpg

BMdV5PL.jpg

1J4cVn9.jpg

1zIkLSp.jpg

hd9iOns.jpg

VSVYFAk.jpg

x2K4g5F.jpg

Also paint the flat "ribbed" areas black. Did that to my Volvo 850 lights, worked great and no loss in light intensity. I mean the area that is flat on the bottom of the lights. Not the lense part.

Also paint the flat "ribbed" areas black. Did that to my Volvo 850 lights, worked great and no loss in light intensity. I mean the area that is flat on the bottom of the lights. Not the lense part.

i thought about that but didnt want to mask all that off

• 2 weeks later...

I had done-up a daily driven 05 SRT4 from bone stock to fully dressed out without going 2.6L stroker motor.

These little 4 banger motors are forged internals, 4 bolt mains, and as is can handle 1000hp.

Best thing you can do is Enforcer Turbo upgrade, 1200cc Siemens Injectors, Diablo Sport Trinity Tune, and join SRTforums to have the team build a custom tune for $300.

E85 you will be right at 500hp, 91 Octane gas will be about 380hp.

• Like 1

Its only a Neon Skin, everything else is completely new and unique to only the SRT4 or PT GT.

Also have the big brother to the NSRT4, the '08 Caliber SRT4 also completely unique and nothing shared majorly with other models.

These will be your best friends:

http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page18.html

https://www.modernperformance.com/

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f52/

I had done-up a daily driven 05 SRT4 from bone stock to fully dressed out without going 2.6L stroker motor.

These little 4 banger motors are forged internals, 4 bolt mains, and as is can handle 1000hp.

Best thing you can do is Enforcer Turbo upgrade, 1200cc Siemens Injectors, Diablo Sport Trinity Tune, and join SRTforums to have the team build a custom tune for $300.

E85 you will be right at 500hp, 91 Octane gas will be about 380hp.

my goal is roughly 350 hp im planning to run this set up which includes a diablo sport tuner 

http://www.modernperformance.com/product/2189/03-05-neon-srt-4-turbo-upgrades-and-accessories-turbo-upgrage-kits

gotta stick to pump gas no where around here to get e85 around here accept for one station an hour away since this is my daily its just not practical 

soooooo i picked up a parts car since if im honest oil pressure is a little lower then id like (still in the acceptable range according to dodge just lower then id like) and i came across this pt gt dude went threw and replaced head gasket, timing belt, tensioner, and water pump then the clutch hydraulics failed and he gave up  we agreed that if he kept his turbo intercooler and wheels i could have the whole car for 500 im planning to pull the engine as well as everything else i can use throw some new bearings in it just to be safe and then swap engines might get frisky and transfer the cruise control as well then sell off the pt gt exclusive parts and make my money back

xWUUg4X.jpg

vM51Qt0.jpg

8fHp6Rh.jpg

yvlWI5m.jpg

z9fBhZU.jpg

1PfeAbW.jpg

rxGvHDc.jpg

7tnSOum.jpg

W0nINLk.jpg

bcBHSxb.jpg

T6zq2UM.jpg

GICxwJE.jpg

battery relocated into the back will re use this in the 610

3yy2Gnn.jpg

vfheF4i.jpg

84GHyEH.jpg

8gIoZwA.jpg

kWWCR6g.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely should get your money back with the re-sells.... 

That BWS kit will work great, we did have to go bigger exhaust and larger intercooler so you dont get alot of knock retarding timing, and more consistant boost.

With the DSP tune, we had a 93 Octane Gas tune, E85, and Stock.  The e85 was a huge jump in power above the 93 custom tune, close to +80hp over it.

Good time to get the billet clutch fork and lightweight flywheel and Stage 3 clutch, you will need these.... especially the clutch fork before the stock one notoriously bends and your wearing your synchros...... $3000 tranny rebuild cost us.

Definitely should get your money back with the re-sells.... 

That BWS kit will work great, we did have to go bigger exhaust and larger intercooler so you dont get alot of knock retarding timing, and more consistant boost.

With the DSP tune, we had a 93 Octane Gas tune, E85, and Stock.  The e85 was a huge jump in power above the 93 custom tune, close to +80hp over it.

Good time to get the billet clutch fork and lightweight flywheel and Stage 3 clutch, you will need these.... especially the clutch fork before the stock one notoriously bends and your wearing your synchros...... $3000 tranny rebuild cost us.

im already running a full 3 inch catless exhaust and planned on a bigger intercooler 

id like to have different tunes i know there is a track about 2 hours away that has grudge nights and they sell e85 so having 2 maps would be nice when i head out there

im ordering a new clutch, fork, and pivot ball while i have it apart just cheap insurance in my mind 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

finally had some time to tear into the pt cruiser 3 hours from complete car to front end stripped off and aside from axles and motor mounts engine is ready to pull

ku6C1Ws.jpg

Ro0dBCi.jpg

HNN1Z28.jpg

o7AOXmi.jpg

and painted the shift knob because i got bored 

LoGzdby.jpg

today was the day i have been dredding for a long time 

Q1LTY3G.jpg

brqnrb0.jpg

replacing the throw out fork for those who arent in the know when it comes to the srt4's the throw out forks are make of cast iron which after a while actually wears away causing the throw out bearing to not fully disengage the clutch making for a hard shifting condition the aftermarket has solved this issue by making forged forks or the one i bought which is a factory fork with forged ramps for the throw out bearing to ride on got it torn most of the way apart today but hit a snag when the passenger side axle would not come loose i spent 20 minutes hitting it with a rubber mallot  before i switched to a dead blow and brass drift so i didnt hurt the threads and beat on it for another 25 minutes with no luck so i sprayed the shit out of it with pb blaster and im spraying it every hour till i go to bed then tomorrow ill pull out the steering wheel puller and press it out 

holy shit ok so the passenger axle didnt want to come loose from the front hub so i dropped the hub off the ball joint then the axle wouldnt come apart from the intermediate shaft after 3 hours i pulled the front knuckle axle and intermediate shaft as a whole

d006EOC.jpg

but at the end of the day i win 

twT6frw.jpg

Kr9Dxom.jpg

QHEnllR.jpg

dEVY4T4.jpg

and here we have the problem you can see how far worn down the ramps the throw out bearing rides on are

iKzo8VT.jpg

and the replacement with forged steel ramps so that this never happens again

1VLywxn.jpg

upgraded pivot on the left stock on the right 

LgpFSbv.jpg

• Like 2