Because Australia.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 125 CSL said:

Was watching this show, at the end these guys selling their hard work from the outback. The guys wanted 5k, but the other guy offered 2.5 and a carton of beer, sold. What is a carton of beer? I am sure it is not 2.5k in value.

Carton of beer is Aussie for "ya got a deal, mate"

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Chopper Jim said:

VFR800 how are you doing. Are you safe where you are?

Chopper Jim

Am safe thanks for asking Chopper Jim,am all ok here so am lucky but some of my fellow Aussies are not. 

Mainly in part of New South Wales and Victoia are having the serious fires. 

Scary stuff and reminds one how easily it all can be gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Draker said:

Are the arson rumors true?

Depends on who's rumours you are reading. 

Some of the fires have had arsonists light them and let me assure you it aint no left wing conspiracy.

I can recall since I was a young boy that the old man said fire bugs were a thing,specially with those ones joining the local (rural) fire services. 

The whole thing is a combination of 3 issues,the continent here in AUS definitely warming up,poor management practices for fuel (read not sufficient burning off in the cooler mths) and arsonists. 

43 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Depends on who's rumours you are reading. 

Some of the fires have had arsonists light them and let me assure you it aint no left wing conspiracy.

I can recall since I was a young boy that the old man said fire bugs were a thing,specially with those ones joining the local (rural) fire services. 

The whole thing is a combination of 3 issues,the continent here in AUS definitely warming up,poor management practices for fuel (read not sufficient burning off in the cooler mths) and arsonists. 

We have those same issues. Poor forest management, homeless folks starting fires, arsonists. California has a terrible power grid that keeps lighting stuff on fire.. Oregon has lightning storms that just burn everything down. It's common here in Oregon. They call it fire season... it just happens. Probably could be improved with better forest management they say. 

I saw there were some merican fire fighters that flew down under to help make Australia wet. 

• Sad 1

Yeah white humans have had control of these areas for a very short time from a geological records side of things and we know fuck all about how to properly handle it but we keep telling ourselves we're so smart.

Indeed there have been US firefighters and also saw there's some people from US National Parks dept here to assist too. 

• Like 3