89' Toyota Pickup *you guessed it, foul language*

So, this has been going on for a while, but I'll post up what I did.

image.jpg3_zpsnmhakd9x.jpg

1989 Toyota Pickup 204k mi, 5 spd, 4wd deluxe.

The tires had been fucking up, because the tires had been sitting for like 5 years. Dude bought it new then ended up giving it to his daughter who gave it back when she got outta college.

image.jpg1_zpspwhjffwu.jpg

Put some new 32x12.50 on some nice Dick Cepek wheels.

Now I like to do some long range shooting and I do search and rescue. I needed to beef up some shit.

• Like 2
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That two bit bullshit home grown bumper had to go. I picked up an All Pro Off-road front winch bumper and a Trail Gear rear.

IMG_0696_zps9tromlkb.png

They came raw so I finished them myself with some Rustolem auto paint. I think they came out well..

IMG_1144_zpscnytxmts.jpg

Little tune up with an LC Engineering Valve Cover and some shine.

IMG_1146_zpsdgfgstnn.jpg

KC Led Foglights and a Smittybuilt XRC 9500 # winch. It's not the fastest, but it definitely does the fucking job.

IMG_1147_zps8goabrgq.jpg

IMG_1145_zpsvee8rlbh.jpg

I upgraded to Corbeau Buckets that are hard as a motherfucking rock.... the white you're seeing in the harness hole is a seat heater. I put those in because you really don't need harnesses.... it's a street driven truck. But, you sometimes need to warm someone's ass up. Ask the last idiot I pulled out of the snow.

IMG_1149_zpsnk9u1emc.jpg

My exhaust manifold was cracked at the collector so I tossed this Trail Gear stainless on it. Honestly, totally worth it.

I have a shitload of new parts for it. Once it rotates in I'll get it all touched up. Other things, I have a power master alt, optima red top, H4 headlamp conversion, rancho shocks, blah blah blah.

• Like 1

Actually my last warn winch was too fast for such a light rig. I have come-alongs and a highlift jack with straps and all that jazz. I don't "wheel" it. I mostly just camp. I don't like to break my shit, which is what wheeling is...

I have a nice LC Engineering 22RE on a stand waiting to replace what it came with. Should give me a 30% increase in power with all the other shit.

• 3 months later...

IMG_0789_zpscjjfbaka.jpg

Had to replace the front suspension to match the rear. To get to the dampeners you have to remove the endlinks, which were shot. I suppose 28 years will kill rubber...

IMG_0788_zpskbu0tcez.jpg

So I tossed in some Rancho dampeners, and I ordered a Rancho 5000 Steering Stabilizer which.... won't fucking fit. After screwing around with an Amazon seller who fucking returned it to me and refused a refund because I'd "opened it" I ordered an Old Man Emu unit out of... 'Straylia.

It drives sooooooo much different.... honestly it drives nicer than the last new car I bought in 2015...

• Like 1

You dropped a nut lol

Yes sir, the end links and shocks all came with new hardware, which is good because I actually had to hacksaw the old ones off due to corrosion. The misc nut is probably one off the links. I picked up tools, took pics then swept up my mess afterwards. So you'll usually see debris in my shots.