Bad drivers

They're everywhere. Name one thing (I'm sure there are many you can name, but let's keep it to one so everyone can participate) that drives you crazy about the way people drive.

Mine is people merging into the freeway doing 40 mph. It's a fucking freeway, get your car up to speed. I live in SoCal and the freeway is moving 65+. So fucking dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When its rush hour traffic you are in the carpool lane and the motherfuckers in front of you wants to drive the same speed as the lane next to you while they have 1/4 mile empty ahead of them. Even more annoying when bikes pass you and do the same thing. Ive been looking into a pa speaker for my Toyota to tell those fucks to get out of the way

• Like 2

That one motherfucker who tries to get in front of you as you are beginning to exit the freeway and literally cuts you off to do it, yet, there is absolutely no one behind you where he could have merged off safely. 

And it is mostly our Mexican visitors and Filipinos who can fucking drive! I know there are a ton of Younger Filipino decent kids driving, but the old country ones are the worst. DON"T FUCKING KILL ME WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF WITH YOUR SHIT DRIVING!!!!! 

There, I feel better now. 

• Like 4

Drivers who don't look at the "Big Picture" to see what's

happening around them.We get people stopped at a light,but have to leave

10-20 feet ahead of them,while traffic is blocking a driveway/intersection,&

other drivers are trying to get through.

• Like 2

Power tripping cocksuckers. That asshole in the fast lane doing 60, so you have to pass in the slow lane, then the damn pole smoker floors it and matches speed with a car in front of you so you can't get by. Makes me so fucking heated. I actually feel bad for out of staters that try this most bitchly of moves if I'm in a car I done care about...meet oncoming traffic tuffguy.

• Like 1

I'm from Michigan but have lived on Oregon almost 6 years now. I've been all over the west, all over down south, all over the midwest, even driven cross country multiple times. But Oregon drivers are necessarily bad, they're just insanely stupid. People on a one way in the right lane and making a left turn across both lanes. People stopping in the middle of the road with their blinker on, going another 10 feet then stopping again, then going another 10 feet and stopping again, then flooring it away like it was all a joke. People stopping to let people cross where there isn't a crosswalk. People that drive way slow then ride your ass when you pass them. People who don't look before they merge. The list goes on but you get the idea...

• Like 1

#1.... Speeders. Almost all accidents are avoidable if going slower or the speed limit. You have less time to see and react and you have more speed to get rid of to stop.

I am almost always, never in a hurry. It takes a lot of practice to 'let go' and just enjoy driving. Who in their right mind speeds to get to work? Leave earlier. Enjoy the time you have.

If there are two or more lanes I keep over to the right to allow the assholes that want to crash, past, so they are way in front where I can see them. If single lane, I drive at the speed limit plus about 2 MPH over whats posted. This way I'm not holding anyone up. Those that don't think I'm speeding fast enough, but still want to go faster so they are not late for their funeral, can go fuck themselves. If you need to go faster than the posted limit then you are an aggressive driver. The speed LIMIT is calculated for best case driving conditions of lighting and weather. 

• Like 2

I'm from Michigan but have lived on Oregon almost 6 years now. I've been all over the west, all over down south, all over the midwest, even driven cross country multiple times. But Oregon drivers are necessarily bad, they're just insanely stupid. People on a one way in the right lane and making a left turn across both lanes. People stopping in the middle of the road with their blinker on, going another 10 feet then stopping again, then going another 10 feet and stopping again, then flooring it away like it was all a joke. People stopping to let people cross where there isn't a crosswalk. People that drive way slow then ride your ass when you pass them. People who don't look before they merge. The list goes on but you get the idea...

It's the weed.

• Like 3

People that jump the queue.  Worse, ones that jump the queue driving down the shoulder.

As for the too slow merging- down in Socal I had issues getting up to speed trying to merge on the 101.  Traffic is doing 70, but the onramp was maybe 200 feet long and made a perfect right angle to the freeway before that.  I practically had that rental minivan on 2 wheels trying to get up to speed on the 90 degree turn, and still was something like 25MPH slower by the time the merge lane ended.  Dumb freeway design.

• Like 2

Keep right except when passing, if you are a left lane lowlife, then you are the problem with the road system and you should not have a licence.

If you can not do the speed limit, stay in the right lane, or off the road completely, take a bus.

The only reason to be in the left lane is to pass someone, or if you have to make a left in the next couple blocks/mile depending on the situation.

If your scared to drive with others, then you should not drive at all.

• Like 3

Two lanes in town, (50k or 30 MPH) and I'm going through, I drive in the left lane. This minimizes stops and starts from people slowing to turn right or cars entering my lane from side streets, basically I'm out of their way too. If turning right I get over a couple of blocks before. When in the left lane I do the speed limit +2. If someone is in a hurry they can go round or drive properly. It's faster and safer in the left lane in town. 

• Like 1

People who use the turning lane to get up to the speed limit. I need to turn left. I would like to pull into the turning lane, stop, and wait for an opening in traffic. However, some guy pulling out of the next parking lot is barreling at me doing 40 with his blinker on trying to merge.

P.s. great thread! 5 stars for you.

• Like 3