Jump to content
LCS

J15 motor

Recommended Posts

I didn't want to bore everyone with my excuses, I cannot see your photos because I have an old computer that has a very old browser, if I let the browser update my CPU overheats and I get less than a week before Windows corrupts itself with all the background crap they just have to run on the current browsers, then I have to restore the computer to what it had the day I bought it, then I have to set it so it cannot update anything, I do all this while it is not connected to the internet.

After doing all that I can get online and see my emails and lurk on the forums I belong to/frequent, I can also see Ebay and craigslist because they want everyone to shop there even if they have an old computer/browser, I cannot see photo links, either the photo is there where I can see it or it is not there, that is my boring excuse for not being able to see your photos.

My other computer is being worked on right now, I hope to have it back in the next few days and be back online without Microsoft's Windows10 on it, I am so over Windows10, I had not turned that other computer of mine on in months as every time it updated I had to learn how to do my photos all over again, I am so over Windows10.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not seeing them either.

 

Try the imgur site. Join for free and start your account. There are others just as good, maybe better, but you need a hosting site for displaying pictures here.

Share this post


Link to post

I tried Google pics and dropbox. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Share this post


Link to post

"Third party hosting". you need to see those words. If the site you use does not offer third party hosting, then you can't get those pics up on many forums.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why I can't see your pics, but I took one of them and uploaded it myself, and it seems to have worked.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I don't know why I can't see your pics, but I took one of them and uploaded it myself, and it seems to have worked.

OK, how did you do that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LCS said:

OK, how did you do that?

 

OK, I think I got it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, LCS said:

OK, I think I got it

It is one more step, but for faster loading time, you could resize the pics before you upload them to cubeupload.

 

I use Irfanview to manage all the pics on my PC - https://www.irfanview.com/

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports

Share this post


Link to post

This might take more time than just removing and replacing the engine, I do believe it will be easier to put your motor mounts on the forklift in a new position rather than making adapters to make the engine fit to your existing mounts, do you have the room to relocate the mounts on the frame or make new mounts and just leave the old ones there?

We do not come across this issue much here as most on here will upgrade to a different engine from the J series, the L block comes to mind, the very few that have E blocks might upgrade to a J block in our 320 trucks.

This is where one has to check to make sure the block will work for you before you buy it, it's a rookie mistake, if the transmission assembly on your forklift will bolt to your new to you block you can make it work, the upper hose neck looks like it can be replaced with your original neck on your old engine but I am not there  to tell for sure, the lower hose should work the way it is, but you can make hoses with bends where you need them to fit what you have.

I wonder if thick flat plates going from the existing front mounts to the mid mount positions would work with supporting brackets from the alternator and the deleted fuel pump mount bolts.

 

I look at this and wonder if it would be easier to substitute an A block, I wonder if they make/sell adapter plates at forklift places.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, wayno said:

This might take more time than just removing and replacing the engine, I do believe it will be easier to put your motor mounts on the forklift in a new position rather than making adapters to make the engine fit to your existing mounts, do you have the room to relocate the mounts on the frame or make new mounts and just leave the old ones there?

We do not come across this issue much here as most on here will upgrade to a different engine from the J series, the L block comes to mind, the very few that have E blocks might upgrade to a J block in our 320 trucks.

This is where one has to check to make sure the block will work for you before you buy it, it's a rookie mistake, if the transmission assembly on your forklift will bolt to your new to you block you can make it work, the upper hose neck looks like it can be replaced with your original neck on your old engine but I am not there  to tell for sure, the lower hose should work the way it is, but you can make hoses with bends where you need them to fit what you have.

I wonder if thick flat plates going from the existing front mounts to the mid mount positions would work with supporting brackets from the alternator and the deleted fuel pump mount bolts.

 

I look at this and wonder if it would be easier to substitute an A block, I wonder if they make/sell adapter plates at forklift places.

I don't believe there would be enough room to use the front mounts on the new motor. The battery, alternator and hydraulic pump will interfere. I guess it why the Mfg. put them where they're at.

 

Yeah...definitely a rookie mistake. Really never thought there would be different J15 motors. Yeah, maybe changing the manifolds, brackets and such, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if one can drill holes and thread them in the side of that new to you block.

I wonder what is in back of them spots inside the block and how think the metal is there.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, wayno said:

I wonder if one can drill holes and thread them in the side of that new to you block.

I wonder what is in back of them spots inside the block and how think the metal is there.

The mounts aren't the only thing I wondering about. Are the front of the blocks and timing components the same? I would need to transfer the timing covers because of the needed hydraulic pump (at least that's what I think it is).

Share this post


Link to post

I have no idea what is involved with forklifts, I went and looked at a Datsun forklift with a D block 6/8 months ago out in Troutdale but decided against buying it, it appeared to be the same as a J block, but it was already pulled apart and I was afraid I would not be able to get it back together, so I passed on buying it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.