J15 motor

LCS

I don't have a Datsun vehicle, I'm in to Toyota Land Cruiser's (sorry). But, I do have a J15 engine in my forklift that is in desperate need of rebuilding or replacing. I don't want to spend too much $$ of this thing. Any help or advice would be appreciated. TIA

Tim

Land Cruiser Specialties

Oregon City, Or. 97045

sales@landcruiserspecialties.com

503-518-1656

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.forkliftheadquarters.com/

It's a used forklift parts junkyard in Portland very close to PIR on horse track side of freeway

Calling is ok but you'll most likely get girl that only knows how to find stuff for newer style bulls by the numbers,,, if it was me i would ask when owner ( Rich or Rick can't remember right now ) is there and go by.. The dude knows his shit and could probably set you up maybe even with an engine. 

http://www.forkliftheadquarters.com/

It's a used forklift parts junkyard in Portland very close to PIR on horse track side of freeway

Calling is ok but you'll most likely get girl that only knows how to find stuff for newer style bulls by the numbers,,, if it was me i would ask when owner ( Rich or Rick can't remember right now ) is there and go by.. The dude knows his shit and could probably set you up maybe even with an engine. 

Thanks, I'll give them a shout!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been awhile, but I was just cleaning the motor to get ready to swap them out and noticed the motor mount bracket is in a different location on the replacement motor. It's at the front and my old motor is in the middle. Also looks like the timing covers and water necks are different. I was thinking about swapping the parts over, but maybe that won't work. Was there different J15 motors that aren't interchangeable?

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

You need the services of a picture hosting site. Take pictures there and store them. When needed, copy the picture information and bring here and paste it.

Well that’s a PIA! Be so much easier if there was an upload link like other forums.

OK, you need to look at your new to you engine you have, I have a J15 engine I just went out and looked at, even though I have the motor mounts on the front of mine also, it has the mount surfaces/holes in it for the mid engine mounts, you need to look at your J15 block and see if yours is the same, if you have the holes for the mounts in the block you can transfer your old mount hardware to your new engine.

2 minutes ago, wayno said:

OK, you need to look at your new to you engine you have, I have a J15 engine I just went out and looked at, even though I have the motor mounts on the front of mine also, it has the mount surfaces/holes in it for the mid engine mounts, you need to look at your J15 block and see if yours is the same, if you have the holes for the mounts in the block you can transfer your old mount hardware to your new engine.

No flat pads with threaded holes. Only the front