74 610 Goon

xdreaming

Just got my head back from the shop. Also picked up the brake and clutch pedal and a new L20b with manual trans. Had to take advantage of Pick n Pull's Memorial Day weekend sale. Even got lucky enough to get an Uncracked windshield too! Has one small rock chip but no biggie.

Ratsun.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the recent lack of updates. Not much has been going on. The head is back on the car. I also got my wheels and shipped them out to get rebuilt. The final specs should be something along the lines of 14x9 -12 with the 4.5" lips. Maybe a little more aggressive. We'll see when I get them back.

• 4 months later...

Again, sorry for the lack of updates. I'll post up a few pics when I get a chance. I've transfered the goon from my buddies house to my house. We removed the dash and the old harness. It was chewed up by rats and was just a ticking time bomb till it decided to just not work with us anymore. My buddy and I are going to start making a whole new harness this upcoming weekend. I plan on picking up a KA24De out of my buddies 93 S13. Who needs an L20b? I got 2 FS lol 1 With all new gaskets and 1 as is ;) 

dam. 14x9 -12 with the 4.5" lips. you gonna flare it out?. my 15x7's are flush.

No flares. I regret cutting up my s13 so I especially won't do it to my Datsun. What size tires are you running and have you rolled the fenders? 0 offset? I'm sure I can make it fit with some camber and stretched tires. Eventually IRS the rear end after I get my shop established and I have more time/space to do it.

• 1 month later...

Happy belated birthday bitch... Are you really considering IRS?

Thanks! Even though I'm a month late  :rofl:  I'm planning on it in the far future. Probably some time late 2018 if not 2019. I have to fix my S2000 and my S13 first before I even continue with this project which is why I haven't posted anything.

I've been tossing up the idea of buying my friends KA24DE and throwing it in, or taking my SR20DET out of my s13 and throwing it in. We'll see. My running L20b may be up for sale soon. More than likely the KA though. I know, boring swap, but whatevz. I just want fuel injected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wheels are always wrong offset for the car they go on. Make them fit the car... not the car fit the wheels. If it don't work, don't do it. Flairs, offset, rolled fenders, stretched tires, mad camber? = homework not done.

When done right, it looks SO good!

Wheels are always wrong offset for the car they go on. Make them fit the car... not the car fit the wheels. If it don't work, don't do it. Flairs, offset, rolled fenders, stretched tires, mad camber? = homework not done.

People like different things.. some peeps I know like flares, others like rolled fenders. I have a few folks I follow on IG that love insane camber with stretched tires. Just like you like them fitting the car just right. I just enjoy seeing other people’s builds & I respect their builds. That’s what makes this car community awesome! All the ideas & renderings.

Greg

Thanks for your concern, but I have done my research. Although it won't be the same taste as yours, it will still "fit." It's not my S2000. I could care less if it has too much camber and/or tire stretch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 610 owners typically run something along the lines of 15x7 +/-0 with 205/50 tires. At least that's what I could dig up. And also ZX front brakes pull in the front struts iirc. You'll know more than I do of course.

People like different things.. some peeps I know like flares, others like rolled fenders. I have a few folks I follow on IG that love insane camber with stretched tires. Just like you like them fitting the car just right. I just enjoy seeing other people’s builds & I respect their builds. That’s what makes this car community awesome! All the ideas & renderings.

Greg

Couldn't have said it better myself. I actually have already rolled the fenders and am prepared to pull the fenders if need be, but with the measurements I took I shouldn't.

good meeting you bro, thanks for da tranny

Likewise! I'll have to swing by one of these days  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for your concern, but I have done my research. Although it won't be the same taste as yours, it will still "fit." It's not my S2000. I could care less if it has too much camber and/or tire stretch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 610 owners typically run something along the lines of 15x7 +/-0 with 205/50 tires. At least that's what I could dig up. And also ZX front brakes pull in the front struts iirc. You'll know more than I do of course.

Zx struts can't help the rear wheels. The front is somewhat adjustable for removing excess camber but the rear IRS needs the cross member slotted if lowering. It's nothing to do with taste. If you ignore camber.... good luck with your tire wear and poor handling.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a tire just to test fit. It was $40 so I figured even if I didn't like the way it stretched, I wouldn't take a total loss but I'm very happy with the amount of stretch. It's aggressive, but looks great imo. I can't wait for the tire to debead on me.  B)  It doesn't poke out like the pictures perceive. Now just time to order the other 3 tires, my blocks and the coilover conversion kit for the front!

163wpg.jpg

rw6kc4.jpg

Thanks Mike. The WHEEL has too low of an offset but I don’t care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ll go IRS eventually.

Mini update: I’m selling my S13. Decided it’s not a car I want to invest money into anymore. I’m keeping my SR20DET and I’ll throw it in this car by summer.

2r40w3o.jpg

My wheels are the correct offset that I wanted to run on my grandma's wagon. Sorry it doesn't appeal to you?

I'm not a fan of stretched wheels but let's see you get it done, get that irs in there and rock this fucking car, screw what anybody but you thinks about how you should build it it's yours now.
  • Like 1