74 610 Goon

xdreaming

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine is in the middle of designing some mounts for my SR. So far this is what he has planned. He says his prototype will be done Saturday and that's when we'll be able to drop the motor in. Hopefully all goes well! I also finished welding the cross member and installing the control arms. Just waiting on another buddy to deliver my coilovers this weekend so hopefully the car is on the ground and running by then. Fingers crossed!  :thumbup: 

j6mru0.png

Getting ready to paint! Hopefully tomorrow! I've removed most of the rust, scuffed up the original paint. Just need to drill out the spot welds on the battery tray, finish sanding under there and mask off all the lines and such. Motor mounts should also be done this weekend. 

She’s finally on the ground Just borrowing some s13 coilovers while I wait for mine to come in. I still need to buy rotors, bolt up the brakes, and figure out what lines to adapt to the s14’s brake calipers. If only I could get the rear as low as the front easily.

All in due time. Note the cool intercooler position

5cxbid.jpg

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Hi. I’m back. Kiwi has been on the back burner for a few months now. I wanted to have her running by now but I’ve had a few other projects to attend to first. Currently in the middle of my SR swap & prepping for paint on my AE86.

I sent out the crossmember so I can get the motor mounts made. I’ve also prepped the engine bay for paint. That’s about all that’s happened over the last few months. 

This is how she sits currently. Collecting dust and car parts

2e65wjl.jpg

Edited by xdreaming
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys. Long time no see. So Kiwi, the 610, has been neglected due to other projects. Mostly my 86, but I’m doing small things here and there. I need to replace the rear shocks but I finished flipping the leaves in the rear the other day and I found these SSR MKIII’s locally for too good of a price. I’ll be sending them out to get rebuilt and repainted as soon as I get my other wheels back. 

Anyways here’s a pic of how she looks now. I’m planning on finishing my 86 wiring/painting her and then getting to work on Kiwi. Maybe get her running by the end of the year?

Edited by xdreaming

Flipping the leaf springs is not a good idea. They are stacked with progressively smaller lengths to the bottom for a reason. They support the vehicle weight and the spring above them. Now the leaf is being bent the opposite direction with little support from the smaller leaves.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, ArchetypeDatsun said:

Andy keep it up my 610 sedan is gonna be slow paced as well still gotta sell a few datsuns then get the body work and paint done.  

Hey at least yours runs! I decided I’m going to throw a KA in it since I have an extra swap that’s been sitting here. I’ll have Justin do the wiring and hopefully have her running before Christmas

On September 9, 2019 at 1:27 AM, xdreaming said:

Hey at least yours runs! I decided I’m going to throw a KA in it since I have an extra swap that’s been sitting here. I’ll have Justin do the wiring and hopefully have her running before Christmas

Thats probably the route I'm going too for the mean time.  Might do a CA swap later on?  Mine runs but I can't drive it much yet rain up here is starting up and I haven't painted it yet until I sell my 77 200sx.  

On 9/10/2019 at 7:16 PM, ArchetypeDatsun said:

Thats probably the route I'm going too for the mean time.  Might do a CA swap later on?  Mine runs but I can't drive it much yet rain up here is starting up and I haven't painted it yet until I sell my 77 200sx.  

Could prime it for now if need be

I got a couple things in today. White bunny clutch kit, Walbro 255, and a bushing that I was missing for my GTX2’s. Should be getting my crossmember back within the week 

BBD43760-E215-49-C4-97-EF-D469-FBF2-E143

Also cleaned the carpet and rear bench seat up. Looks a lot better now. I will have to order new carpet however and I’ll install my S14 front seats one of these days but here she is so far. I know you can’t really tell because of how dark it is but she’s clean. I promise lol

30-EA7403-E4-D4-4813-A734-A4-CAC1-B25-FF

Edited by xdreaming
  • Like 1

Clutch master cylinder and Slave ordered. Should be here Tuesday. One step closer to solving the puzzle. Hoping to have time to install the clutch pedal/master cylinder this week. 

Quick question. Is the 280zx brake master interchangeable with 610? Or even s13/s14? Figure I might as well upgrade since I have s14 front brakes now instead the old factory ones

It should, the mounting bolts are vertical. The zx master will move more volume than the smaller 610 master which has to travel farther to do so and may feel mushy. I have a 15/16" on my 710 brake booster with Maxima calipers and love the feel. The S13/14 calipers use a 15/16" master (horizontal mounting bolts) with anti lock brakes and 7/8" without. The calipers are larger than the stock 610 calipers so this should work well.

• Like 1