74 610 Goon

xdreaming

Hey guys. I've been lurking on Ratsun on and off for the last couple of years. I've always wanted a Datsun (Especially a 411 SSS  Wagon or a 610 Wagon) ever since I was in High School when I got my license, but I needed something that I could rely on so I bought a newer Civic as a daily. Since then, I also bought an 06 S2000 (still have), a 93 Civic Si (traded), a 90 240sx (still have), and as of today, 1/8/17, a 610 goon. My S2000 is my Auto-X toy, my S13 is my project drift car, and the goon will be my new side project. For now, I just want to lower it and fix any minor problems it has. Other than some slight surface rust and a dent on the fender, the car is a perfect chassis to start with.

I will update as much as possible. I have a few debts to pay before I do any major modding. Here's a couple pictures!

2mi5en6.jpg

2w2j1vm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that on CL, I believe it was in Frazer Park. Nice car! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Possibly a couple of months ago. My buddy bought it and had it on Modesto Craigslist for about a month and I decided I'd pick it up.

Small Update: 1/19

Car needs a carb and a wiring harness to be gone through since it appears that rats have infested the car at some point. It also needs a good cleaning, which I will do once I bring it back to my place in a few weeks.

First on the agenda: Flush all fluids and replace/rebuild carb. Need this car to run decently well.

• 1 month later...

New Redline carbs are $300 and.... NEW. Rebuild kits won't fix worn throttle shaft or damage. You might have a 32/36 from a '76 Pinto that's been rebuilt 6 times and has 6 missing parts and 2 extra. Hope this works out for you  though.

• 2 weeks later...

New Redline carbs are $300 and.... NEW. Rebuild kits won't fix worn throttle shaft or damage. You might have a 32/36 from a '76 Pinto that's been rebuilt 6 times and has 6 missing parts and 2 extra. Hope this works out for you  though.

I wasn't aware of this. Too late now though. I've been a bit busy lately with work and school. Haven't even gotten to the carb yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The weber carb was successful! Thanks to a bunch of the local Datsun guys! This is my first tackle with anything carb besides my 69 bug, but that doesn't count because it never ran :sweat: Within the next couple of weeks, I plan on doing a bunch of maintenance now, after that I will start to clean it out. Remove everything, refinish/replace things as needed and go from there until I'm ready to start doing some mods like 280zx brakes/coilovers, wheels, and little things here and there. Enjoy some of the pictures my buddy took today! BTW, that's me in the wagon in both pics lol

34s40fq.jpg

34ycnj5.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update: Placed a deposit on some SSR Longchamp XR4's. Pictures are of the ones that will be shipped to me in May. They will eventually be relipped and polished. Hopefully do one pair in May and the other pair in June.

256r2wk.jpg

hey glad to see my old 610s getting some love cant wait to see it running around in the future   ive been having a great time with the 521

take good car of it !

So you were the owner prior to Carlos? Very cool! I'll definitely be hitting you up when it's up and running properly. Oh and registered lol I need to resurface the head and replace the head gasket since the engine oil was a little milky.

• 2 weeks later...

hey glad to see my old 610s getting some love cant wait to see it running around in the future ive been having a great time with the 521

take good car of it !

Thanks for trading me the car with a blown headgasket.

Kinda sucks i didnt catch it while i was there. I woulda been pretty pissed that i drove 3 hours for it. No worries few hours of work and should be fixed. Just thought ide let ya know.

I've learned to bring a compression gauge when buying cars and engines... I've also learned my compression gauge is broken...

If i would jave kept it i wouldnt care.

I fired it up once. About 23 seconds for a video to prove it runs.

I sold it to andy here. Cool dude for not flipping out on me. But we get it to run longer with the weber. Checked the oil and nothing but chocolate milk. You live and learn i guess.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
A little bit of progress. Started on removing the head (and all that smog nonsense) yesterday. Here's some pictures my friend took and edited. He's an amazing photographer already and he's only 17! I'm sure he'll make it big one day. Check out his instagram @MF__Lee

33579921164_05f85759d2_o.jpg

33611705053_54fce1b876_o.jpg

33611709293_ed75c2ed5a_o.jpg

34036987740_521f0f8f35_o.jpg

34036992540_0ea7642e36_o.jpg

34421944435_0a9c978ae6_o.jpg