Datsoonmik's canby camping pricing thread and bitchfest

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year, I didn't camp but only paid $15.00 to drive in for both days, I don't understand why it took over six months to bring up an issue from last years fees. Your concerns should have been addressed to DNW (via PM's) after the show was over

It didn't take 6 months, it was brought up in the 2016 thread as well, and possibly others.

It can be discussed. Sure.

What good does it do? We are all in agreeance.

Tell what I will do for you, Mike. I will PM Steve and I vote him to this thread.

Like an adult.

Pretty sure that is what he wants, someone else to do the direct private complaining so that he doesn't have to.

Mike said that someone needs to tell Steve but he's not going to do it through a pm.

• Like 2

But it can be discussed here can't it? What's the harm, and it is the title of the thread. See where the chips fall. For those who camped and those who might camp it's topical. A 40% increase for nothing is worth discussing. Several more might then agree and then Steve can have that.

So non camper tells me to pay up? Right or wrong doesn't matter? listen to yourself. It's an attempt to derail. Stick to the topic of the thread.

Derail? No, Mike. I'm trying to shove some sense around here.

Go bitch to Steve. Bitching to us does nothing because if he doesn't see it and posts pricing anyways without listening to your side...In your words "it's too late."

Grow a fucking pair and talk to who you need to.

Quit being a bitch. Stop the "last-word" nonsense.

Grow the fuck up. Some people here look up to you and, dare I say, respect you.

And this is how you act? Over $10?

Bullshit. You should ban yourself for being a fucking cunt.

• Like 4

I don't think anyone here is asking you to swallow the $10. We all love saving money.

What people are asking you to do is not turn something sacred into a shot show over $10.

Ruining anything Canby over a mere dollar figure is ridiculously childish.

Others have offered to pay your way to just have the insanity stop.

A moderator should not act the way you have. Right or wrong, doesn't matter.

*shit

• Like 1

Well fuck.

I have not, and likely will never attend Canby so obviously I haven't camped there. Not because of this, but because of proximity.

I can however compare it to the BBQ place in my town. They went up 2 bucks on a bbq plate. When I asked why I was told pork prices went up $2 a pound and they were offsetting the increase since they buy 15k pounds a month between the 3 or 4 stores. Well they certainly didn't add a pound of meat to each plate. Complaining to the other customers wouldn't do shit.

I didn't like it and haven't eaten there in two years. I voiced my opinion to who needed to hear it and that was that.

Not a smart-assed comment --> Maybe some bean counter figured that was the best way to offset costs or line their pockets. Who knows until you talk to them.

Mike I respect you and your knowledge and typically agree with you. But if I didn't know any better, or was new to the site, I'd say you were being a whiny bitch.

I totally agree for standing up for what you believe in, right or wrong. Hell, some people did that down here and caused a civil war.

Just be glad you have all a Datsun gathering close enough to attend.

• Like 5

If I remember correctly, as I've never been, the event at Canby recently had a change in who was in charge/running it, is it known for sure that the prior group wasn't operating at a loss?  That could be why, after all costs were evaluated by the new group they saw the need to raise the prices.

This standing up for what you believe in is bullshit mike. Many people stood up and were banned/ perma banned when the classifieds changed. Some never to return. So now that the tables have turned its a different story. It appears whats good for the goose, isn't good for gander?

This is what pisses me off the most. I've actually lost some respect for you over this.

• Like 3

The fact is that the first line of the second post (first post not by the op) in that thread was a backhanded, passive aggressive borderline insult to the op. Above all it was made by a moderator of this forum, a moderator who time and time again is treating is opinion as written law. Even after multiple members requested that the grievance be taken to a private conversation (which said moderator tells others to do every single time) the thread was allowed to continue to be not what the original poster wanted it to be from the instigation of the same poster.

Man up, take responsibility and for fucks sake if it's that big of an issue to you send the man a pm and talk to him about it because as the last couple of days has proven WE can't do shit.

• Like 6

So basically nobody has anything, just like I thought. You started a Canby price thread say discussion belongs there and then change the rules? Pathetic. You have nothing.

This standing up for what you believe in is bullshit mike. Many people stood up and were banned/ perma banned when the classifieds changed. Some never to return. So now that the tables have turned its a different story. It appears whats good for the goose, isn't good for gander?

This is what pisses me off the most. I've actually lost some respect for you over this.

Classifieds changed suddenly and so fast the moderators were caught off guard. It was a done deal and there was a lot of pissing and moaning about it. I tried like hell to please everyone but you simply can't. Those that abused the 'in forum classifieds' the most were the biggest cry baby chronic complainers about the loss. So at some point, much later, and as nothing could be changed back, I said fuck it. Look up  the definition of chronic. It means continuing but no longer serving a function. Like back pain, you know something wrong but it just keeps telling you. So if you're still upset Ted (and I like you still) I'm sorry, but it is what it is. For those other whiny cunts they can fuck themselves. They continued to whine and bitch so it was better that they go to their NWD cry room. Both forums benefited form this or any banning. They had somewhere to go where there were like minded pissed off people.

So here we are. Those same whiny cunts come back here over and over to bitch about how things are run when they have their own forum of like minds. They come here because they simply don't like me or how things are run so they try to provoke me, to argue with them, waste my time. As shown in these two threads. They can't argue worth a fuck and can't stand loosing so they just take a shit here.

Flatcat recently told me he had no respect for me. This was after he posted in Cuz and had his ass handed to him and ran to the cry room. Hey sorry that Trump won and the tic lost flatcat. I always pick the underdog (and I also believed Hillery's polls) and hell I don't vote in the US elections, so not my fault. What's your fucking problem? HRH (who was treated very poorly by passive aggressive nanner) has my respect still, he left, but he stuck to his convictions and stayed away. Why the fuck did you come back. Yeah you're just full of anger. Well right the fuck back at ya. I think I warned you about that other place... they will only tell you what you want to here. If you like what you hear there, you should stay there.

And then there's lou, heavy on the disrespect for Ratsun and formerly banned several times and a Troll. Same thing, you hate it here so you just stir up shit. You never contribute, ever. You own a Datsun... period. You think because you used to go to Canby that carries weight in the discussion of the prices? You have to be there to know. You stick your nose in and tell people that actually go they should pay whatever? You and Keith and others, hell I have lots to go around, have shown your true colors, you're just bitter bitter non camping pricks. Snowflakes.

Rick? he gets a pass.

So if there is anyone else that doesn't like me I could fucking care less right now. If I did something to you and you can't get over it you probably deserved it and inside you know it. That must really hurt.... snowflake.

Canby is not a sacred cow. It might have been once. Prices were very wrongly moved around and campers, the backbone of the event, those that came long distances got screwed last year. Do NOT tell me that costs went up 40% and the campers have to pay it. This after a 25% hike for camping the year before. Make it work, or get someone that will. 

The fact is that the first line of the second post (first post not by the op) in that thread was a backhanded, passive aggressive borderline insult to the op. Above all it was made by a moderator of this forum, a moderator who time and time again is treating is opinion as written law. Even after multiple members requested that the grievance be taken to a private conversation (which said moderator tells others to do every single time) the thread was allowed to continue to be not what the original poster wanted it to be from the instigation of the same poster.

Man up, take responsibility and for fucks sake if it's that big of an issue to you send the man a pm and talk to him about it because as the last couple of days has proven WE can't do shit.

You too?

I already covered my position in my first post. Steve's a big boy if he's running Canby he's at least part politician. Not for you to decide what was an insult or not for Stevea. If Steve is reading his thread about the camping he knows all he needs to know. Call it feedback but don't call it an insult. I suspect they know they fucked up, so he isn't going to want it directly in his face with a p/m. If that were the case he would have to (privately at least)  explain why, and there's no way he can defend this. As a politician he can just ignore things .... for now. His answer will be his price list. I will accept any price list as gospel it will be final and binding with no argument. But I will NOT pay an entrance fee on top of camping.

I am not speaking as a moderator. I an just an ordinary member.

Show me where I said I lost respect for you.

You're a fucking joke. And couldn't be more wrong.

I hope this was all a mistake when you got charged extra money at Canby 2016.

And I hope you don't get an apology either.

And so we're at least partially on the same page...I camped in 2015.

Couldn't go in 16. But I invited you in to my house on your way home.

I even invited you to my farm in Canby if camping in the grounds didn't work for you...Just 2 days ago.

You have offered nothing to resolve the issue of pricing. Nor have you done anything to get to the bottom of it.

I PM'd Steve today asking him to pop his head in here.

What have you done?

Bitched? Pissed? Whined? Moaned? Yep.

Anything productive towards a positive outcome? That, you have not.

I'll be at Canby 2017. Don't fucking talk to me.

• Like 3

"going to gouge campers for the entry fee again this year?".

The FIRST response to the canby thread that was stated as being for INFORMATION.

Your opinion is not information, it is just an opinion, and that is information.

• Like 1

Actually it was "I think less of you" 4 times in a rant about Trump like it was my fault. Can't find the 'respect' word exactly phrased. though said several times. You were upset over loosing or what ever about Trump. Maybe you were drinking, so who knows.

I don't want an apology for being over charged last year. I want the fee dropped entirely. I don't think anyone reads anymore and why the other thread kept going and going. If anyone should apologize for it it should be you (and lou) who perpetuated it by not engaging, settling it and laying it to rest. Instead you said STFU. Like that settles it? You guys are arm chair campers. You don't want to end this, just go on asking the same questions I answered. No wonder it went on.

Same now with this post you make the rules, and then don't follow them. You won't answer my question because there is no way to win the argument.

I already agreed whatever Steve sets for the price... is what it is. I'll have no problem with it. But all this... this bullshit post...it's on you and lou and others. Your fault.

If I go now don't talk to me either. I have no respect for either of you.

all better nowdickface_zpsyl9nv4z6.png

Who are you kidding. You'll want to be in on the drama. You live for it.

"going to gouge campers for the entry fee again this year?".

The FIRST response to the canby thread that was stated as being for INFORMATION.

Your opinion is not information, it is just an opinion, and that is information.

Well the information is that the price was a gouge. You can call it what you like even an entrance fee.

Remind me Q were you camping at last year's Canby? Because if you were I might care a bit more. A non camper telling me I can't call a price gouge a gouge is really funny. So camper or no???

:no:

It's OK. I'm not a mod just someone saying what I truly feel for a change. It feels great. Modding is so hard to please everybody. So I go for the best fit and there are going to be those who are pissy.

So Keith p/m lou and ask how it feels to be told what I really think of him. Why should you two tell me but I can't tell you? Tired of being diplomatic always. Oh, you don't agree I was diplomatic? well it was the 'best fit'.