New guy with '74 620

AlexDeLarge

If I have permission, I'm going to post a wtb in the classifieds for correct side emblems, so if you guys have any leads I would appreciate it.

you've made your first post you should be good to go, maybe check through the classifieds and do an ebay search as well. i picked up a set off ebay at one point in the past 2 years

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

20170219_163122-1_zpszzb961af.jpg

Screenshot_2017-02-19-18-05-24_zpsyzlsbn

20170219_163220_zpsehogdayb.jpg

Little update, I replaced the grill with the correct grill, added a new bumper, repainted the front grill badge that I got

off Ebay. Emblem turned out awesome, it was roached, so I stripped it and completely redid it. The side badges I got here

and had to repaint them. I used a magic eraser cut in to a 2"x2" square lightly coated with Testors Model Master silver

chrome and ran across the raised letters, then sprayed about 5 coats of clear. Turned out slick. Initially tried the hard rubber

roller method and did not get the desired results. Thanks to you guys in my other thread that helped me correctly place the badges.

• Like 2

20170222_152645_zpsdvfegzzl.jpg

On a side note, finally crossed paths with this guy today who has the only other

620 in town. Pulled over and talked to him about his truck. He said he has owned

it since 1975 ( its a '74) and has 320,000 on it. It is a automatic and is bone stock

and in awesome shape. He is a older gentleman and we swapped info. He asked

me if I knew where he could get a gas tank and thought I would ask around here if anybody

knew of any places?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

PM Sent!!! Hope it fits a '74!

w00t.

I need the "Datsun" fender emblems too!

The '78 and '79 used a different grill. The badge is also different. You might get it to fit but it's definitely not exactly the same.

I've got a 78' and the fender emblems said Datsun by Nissan. All original truck from the original owner. I've got a nice grill emblem if anyone needs one

My info shows the change from Datsun to Nissan began at the end of '78 on the 620 by adding a small NISSAN under the DATSUN so people would begin getting used to it. (I think my '78 also had a small Nissan emblem) A soft introduction to the Nissan name. I think '83 the Datsun name was weened off the 720 and the hard Nissan emblem was used. The '84 Maxima still had separate Datsun and Nissan emblems and I think the '86 300zx was the slat Datsun emblem car.

Any of you gurus know if these will fit? 15x8.5 with a 4" backspace

They are on CL here locally....good price.

Those look like they will be close. You should double check the backspacing because 4.00 = -19mm on an 8.5w wheel and it just sounds odd.

My Blazer wheels are 15x8 with a -22 backspace and just slightly poke out, but I have disks front and rear and add about 3/4" to the track width from what I can find.

I bought the wheels just because they were so cheap so if they dont work I can just sell them and get my money back, maybe a little more. From my measurements they have a -27 offset. Gotta wait to get some tires as funds allow. Not really sure what size tires to run.

I bought the wheels just because they were so cheap so if they dont work I can just sell them and get my money back, maybe a little more. From my measurements they have a -27 offset. Gotta wait to get some tires as funds allow. Not really sure what size tires to run.

-27 = about 3.7" on an 8.5" wheel

If you really want to know, when you get then, run a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measure from to the hub.

then plug it in here: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

The 620 came with 6 ply 6.00 x 14 tires. The closest, but very slightly oversize, in today's tires would be...

P195/70R14 .... 24.75" diameter and 7.68" wide

or

P185/75R14 .... 24.20" diameter and 7.28" wide

Going to a larger diameter will affect over all gearing and reduce performance. It will also make your truck go faster than what the speedometer is reading. A speeding ticket is worth two tires.

You can go to a wider tire as long as the overall diameter or height remains close to 24.5". For example....

205/65R14......... 24.49" x 8" wide

235/55R14......... 24.18" x 9.25 wide