Chevy rallye tire size/brand?

d.p

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know.   Will lower the front and see what it sits like then.  Thanks for the belltech recommendation, my only surprise was the length of the u bolts, I figured I would have to cut them but they ended up being just right.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

for future researchers

I have 4in angled blocks in the rear. then I took the second leaf out of the pack, flipped it upsidedown and installed it on the top of the main leaf. I added air shocks and drive with them around 60psi (typical gas station pressure)

fronts have 2in z'ed control arms from mike klotz, and the torsion bars are 2 teeth reindexed (I think) and then fine adjusted for tire fitment.

due to my 3/8in spacers with my front rally wheels and beebani's z32 brakes, I have to run a size smaller on tires than I desire. 195/55/15s. I prefer 195/60/15s all around.

this photo is with 60's all around.

IMG_20160620_153510763_HDR_zpslpen2zqn.j

IMG_20160620_160515252_zps6tau536h.jpg

• Like 1

I can't seem to quote on here today, but it rides just fine. need to work on my alignment as it doesn't track well, but I have NEVER bottomed out on the front, and the rear only slaps the frame when i'm fully loaded OR have let out all the air from the air shocks.

if you want to be any kind of low, I would HIGHLY recommend air shocks if your not going wild with the rear suspension. just run a tire valve out to the lic plate frame area and keep a few quarters in the cab. lets you go low low for a show, and air it up for those pesky potholes!

guess to answer the ride quality question, I drive it everyday, for about an hour each way. and love every minute of it, it is a truck and a lowered one, but having some sidewall on the tires helps, and not hitting bump stops (all removed by the way) helps a lot.

• Like 1

I'd have that truck. So no, not me.

I'm just saying there's a price for style. If you can fabricate, then there are no problems (only solutions), but not everybody can fabricate. We shouldn't keep those people from having cool rides just because of silly things like ride quality...

Safety is another matter. I take safety very seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize these are not OEM wheels, but there are many offsets and sizes available. Cheap too. 

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/35-series-15-inch-rallye-6-lug-silver.html

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-55-5883?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-vision-wheel&gclid=CLbP-e3BvdMCFYeTfgodyAEMVQ

There were about 4 different 6 lug Chevy Rallye wheels over the years, ranging from 15x5 to 15x8 and from about 1975 all the way through the 90's. Obviously the later rallyes are going to be a more positive offset.

FFS  for a 15 x 8 rim...

Sorry dude! Just trying to help with the confusion, not add to it. Throw everything out there and see what makes sense. It's the way my brain works.

Back space is measured to the outside lip of the wheel, or at least it's supposed to. This may also add to the confusion when converting from back space to offset since a wheels width is measured to the inside of the wheel lip.