12th annual Canby Datsun show and camp, June 9,10,11th

Guest Mojo510

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly were the fees last year so I can know what to expect?

EDIT: Well what were the fees last year if we're assuming they are going to be the same this year. I know they haven't been posted yet.

And about the trophies and corral parking, I know my truck isn't going to win shit and I wouldn't expect a trophy but I would like to park corral so people can enjoy looking at my truck. It would be nice to get a dash tag for nostalgia.

The way I see the fee being the most fair is camping and corral parking, camping and being interested in the show, day corral parking, day show entry, and walk in should all have their own fees and be looked at differently, because they are, and charged accordingly. It's just like the banquet and having a swap meet spot, if your not doing something you shouldn't be charged for it. Also, if your camping you shouldn't be charged for day-use because you've already paid to be on the grounds. I'm with you on that Mike. My $0.02

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge...

I believe prior to 2015 it was $25 a day for all inclusive camp and attendance.

2015 the same thing was increased $5 to $30 a day. That's a 20% increase. No problem, probably well over due. Dave Bothwell's last year as president.

2016 it was $30/day plus $10 (or $15 for 2 days) extra. You can call this 'extra' whatever you like but I have no use for it and call it a 33% increase price gouge.

Changes were made last year. Possibly ill thought out but I would be willing to say who ever was at the gate simply didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Perhaps both. Told them I just wanted to camp assuming that was everything. Told cough up extra $10 a day or $15 for two. For $10, I got handed a paper packet of shit I had no use for. WTF?? I was furious, I could barely sit still. Settled on one night camping and had to pay $10 just to be there???? Saturday evening before the gate closed I went elsewhere for the night and Sunday paid $10 for the day. So it should have cost $60 for the weekend but they wanted $80 or $75 (2 day pass) I actually saved $10 and paid $50 total for the 2 days because I refused to camp.... and pay to be there. 

So this year I'm looking at a $15 for 2 days walk in admission and I'll sleep in my car somewhere else. Definitely would rather pay to camp at Canby but if $60 isn't good enough for you, you can have my $15 instead.

Again, want to camp... please take my money!!!!!  I buy raffle tickets, food, maybe a T shirt, odds and ends not counting parts.  I start thinking about Canby last week of June, look forward to the trip all year, notify work 8 months prior.  It's good to meet up and I encourage everyone to go.

• Like 1

this is the 2016 info i found

11th annual Datsun Canby Weekend. Gates open Friday the 10th at 4pm for camping. Saturday is swap meet and hangout day. The car show is Sunday the 12th. There will be no pre registration this year, must register and pay at the gate. All Datsun and Nissan Vehicles welcome.
10$ per car per day or 15$ for both days each vehicle includes 2 admissions.
15$ for the banquet 10$ a child saturday night
25$ for vendor spot
3$ to walk in or 2 for 5$
25$ per night to camp ,30 for RV electric
Shirts 15$
All cars are registered for show and can win a trophy.

can be found here

Camping is all inclusive? No 'extras'? 

Otherwise, Canby will cost $5 this year.

Not my gig,have no idea

But math,tells me with 2 spots(camping,no rv) is $50,then add the 2 days at $15,makes a grand total of $65. Not the $75-$80 you said Mike,unless there was a shirt or the banquet aswell

Changes were made last year. Possibly ill thought out but I would be willing to say who ever was at the gate simply didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Perhaps both. Told them I just wanted to camp assuming that was everything. Told cough up extra $10 a day or $15 for two. For $10, I got handed a paper packet of shit I had no use for. WTF?? I was furious, I could barely sit still. Settled on one night camping and had to pay $10 just to be there???? Saturday evening before the gate closed I went elsewhere for the night and Sunday paid $10 for the day. So it should have cost $60 for the weekend but they wanted $80 or $75 (2 day pass) I actually saved $10 and paid $50 total for the 2 days because I refused to camp.... and pay to be there.

• Like 1

I have never seen someone bitch so much about $10, seriously. Mike stop posting in this thread you're turning it I to your own personal fml thread which according to yourself is not allowed.

thats why I have offered Mike the $10 or $15, its worth it to me,to not hear about it

• Like 2

Now we're going backwards. You two must like the 'bitching', you keep coming back for more. Cheap entertainment.  To repeat what you said lou... you don't like the bitching in this post... don't come.... eeesay peesy. It's not the $10 (will donate to charity Q... but you don't want to be involved) it's paying for something not wanted or agreed on. 

To be clear... will pay to camp... will not pay for being at camping spot with my car. Was good enough in the past, good enough for 2017. 

Now we're going backwards. You two must like the 'bitching', you keep coming back for more. To repeat what you said lou... you don't like the bitching in this post... don't come.... eeesay peesy. It's not the $10 (will donate to charity Q... but you don't want to be involved) it's paying for something not wanted or agreed on. 

To be clear... will pay to camp... will not pay for being at camping spot with my car. Was good enough in the past, good enough for 2017. 

I am not bitching,I am trying to tell you its no big deal, its $10 or $15..to completely let this thread go the way it i and has been going,tells me it is self serving you Mike

You lock threads,similar in nature,for more money etc..now that is where the term,practice what you preach comes in,you tell others not to complain about money or the like,to take it

to PM messages.

The members here,are asking you to stop,maybe clean it up out of respect

• Like 1

If you camp.. you should not be charged an entry fee.. being you can't camp without entering. derp.

Here's the trick.. if you need more money, roll the entry fee into the camp fee.

6qBHT.gif

• Like 1

to repeat what you said lou... you don't like the bitching in this post... don't come.... eeesay peesy.

So end it.

Stop telling me I'm wrong to bitch about $10.

It's not the $10 (will donate to charity Q... but you don't want to be involved) it's paying for something not wanted or agreed on.

If you camp.. you should not be charged an entry fee.. being you can't camp without entering. derp.

Here's the trick.. if you need more money, roll the entry fee into the camp fee.

6qBHT.gif

Yes. Some people get it.

Some are just bored and like to argue. They say they don't like all the bitching but keep coming back to promote it. I have a valid point about Canby costs and has nothing to do with p/ms over classifieds of FML threads.. 

So end it.

Stop telling me I'm wrong to bitch about $10.

Yes. Some people get it.

Some are just bored and like to argue. They say they don't like all the bitching but keep coming back to promote it. I have a valid point about Canby costs and has nothing to do with p/ms over classifieds of FML threads.. 

Clean it up?

Why would I do that? You've allowed me to drive my points home. Over and over and over again. I thanked you already for this. All I want is the pricing corrected but you haven't said anything whatever, compelling me to rethink this. Telling me I shouldn't bitch about it isn't reason enough. Offering $10 doesn't, posting I want a senior's discount isn't, that this is an FML thread isn't, I'm shitting in this thread isn't. I'll have my say just as you've had yours, just that you haven't said much to support this extra cost other than the costs of everything has gone up. Maybe this one point, but using the new 2017 price list it isn't $25 plus $10 = 60%

Why would I do that? You've allowed me to drive my points home. Over and over and over again. I thanked you already for this. All I want is the pricing corrected but you haven't said anything whatever, compelling me to rethink this. Telling me I shouldn't bitch about it isn't reason enough. Offering $10 doesn't, posting I want a senior's discount isn't, that this is an FML thread isn't, I'm shitting in this thread isn't. I'll have my say just as you've had yours, just that you haven't said much to support this extra cost other than the costs of everything has gone up. Maybe this one point, but using the new 2017 price list it isn't $25 plus $10 = 60%

One would think out of respect(clean it up) for datsuns northwest(Canby hosts),and ratsun members.

• Like 1

One would think out of respect(clean it up) for datsuns northwest(Canby hosts),and ratsun members.

Right fuckin back at ya. If you respected them you would have stopped posting 10 pages ago. Go back and read page one. I had my say. Read post 10 and 12. So piss off.... everyone with a personal grudge that jumped in to bitch about how things are run here, but couldn't explain away the extra price gouge for the upcoming Canby in the http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71095-12th-annual-canby-datsun-show-and-camp-june-91011th/ . Couldn't have been done without you.

Right fuckin back at ya. If you respected them you would have stopped posting 10 pages ago. Go back and read page one. I had my say. Read post 10 and 12. So piss off.... everyone with a personal grudge that jumped in to bitch about how things are run here, but couldn't explain away the extra price gouge for the upcoming Canby in the http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71095-12th-annual-canby-datsun-show-and-camp-june-91011th/ . Couldn't have been done without you.

Well,kettle..pot says..

• Like 1

I am kind of shocked,the need for you to always swear,respect?sure

You guys Know the BEST PART OF THE PRISING RANT?

Wait for it.......

Wait for it........

Just a bit more......

STEVE IS YET TO ANNOUNCE THE CANBY 2017 PLANS THAT ALSO INCLUDE THE PRISING.

/drops mic

• Like 1