12th annual Canby Datsun show and camp, June 9,10,11th

Guest Mojo510

Thanks but you should save the $10 and go yourself. $10 a day entrance is too under priced for the walk ins. Campers are already paying 3X that now, we should pay $40 a day????  Charge the daily walk ins all $15 and leave the campers alone.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assume you are just kidding about the $1 walk ins.

Camping

2015 Canby all inclusive camping was increased $5 to $30? a day. Very reasonable as it has been unchanged since 2010 or so at least

2016... Canby camping 2015 plus additional $10 a day. Unreasonable to expect this.

If 2017 is the same, I will be going somewhere else to camp and save the $80 and instead, walk in for the $15 pass for the two days. So where's the logic in this price increase? Did someone at the gate fuck up last year? If so, say so, this can be corrected this year. $60 for the weekend pass for campers seems fair. Campers shouldn't have to subsidize the other rate experiments. Make it work.

Assume you are just kidding about the $1 walk ins.

Camping

2015 Canby all inclusive camping was increased $5 to $30? a day. Very reasonable as it has been unchanged since 2010 or so at least

2016... Canby camping 2015 plus additional $10 a day. Unreasonable to expect this.

If 2017 is the same, I will be going somewhere else to camp and save the $80 and instead, walk in for the $15 pass for the two days. So where's the logic in this price increase? Did someone at the gate fuck up last year? If so, say so, this can be corrected this year. $60 for the weekend pass for campers seems fair. Campers shouldn't have to subsidize the other rate experiments. Make it work.

It costs to get insurance,security, renting the fairgrounds,Honeybuckets ,garbage removal ,etc etc,I bet those all go up every year just like everything else does in life.

• Like 1

I'll answer that, and even though you haven't been there in several years to see what goes on, I have. The things you mention did not suddenly go up 33% in 2016 . Right after a 20% increase in 2015.  

I'll answer that, and even though you haven't been there in several years to see what goes on, I have. The things you mention did not suddenly go up 33% in 2016 . Right after a 20% increase in 2015.  

And? are you putting it all together?

I have a solution for you

ar135387190402917.jpg

• Like 1

Last year (2016) I parked my frontier out in the parking lot and paid the walk in price of 3 dollars. Not the 10 or 15 you mention.  10.00 was for the corral parking for a day or 15.00 for two days and you get automatically entered into the show.  However you still have to pay this even if you camped on the grounds.  I think this still hurt the show last year on car attendance. Nobody had a problem paying the 5 corral fee but now its 10. Especially the groups of people that come and go all with in an hour

Last year (2016) I parked my frontier out in the parking lot and paid the walk in price of 3 dollars. Not the 10 or 15 you mention.  10.00 was for the corral parking for a day or 15.00 for two days and you get automatically entered into the show.  However you still have to pay this even if you camped on the grounds.  I think this still hurt the show last year on car attendance. Nobody had a problem paying the 5 corral fee but now its 10. Especially the groups of people that come and go all with in an hour

Didn't want corral parking. It's decidedly inconvenient. Don't want to be in the show show either so why should I pay for it? Tried to explain... tell it to the hand. Still had to pay $10 Sunday to walk in, no car. Choked doesn't describe it. I don't think they know what they were doing.   

In your eyes

one point,dont like it dont go easy peasy

,everyone knows car stuff(events,parts,shipping etc etc) costs money

I don't like it, and I don't have to like it, and that's why I want it changed. To change, the sponsors need to know how unfair it is or how it doesn't work for people. Staying home isn't an option for me, I'll be there. You're god damned right I'll be there! You should try and come and support Canby this year.

• Like 1

I don't like it, and I don't have to like it, and that's why I want it changed. To change, the sponsors need to know how unfair it is or how it doesn't work for people. Staying home isn't an option for me, I'll be there. You're god damned right I'll be there! You should try and come and support Canby this year.

There is lots people want changed here,on Ratsun too,but does that mean is going to happen?

It is what it is Mike.They put it on,they have to foot the bills prior to putting it on,with the hopes it will cover all costs,many events barely meet this due to insurance costs

If you want to try to get a island event together,foot the bill etc.I will show up

I am not even going to try to plan this,year..if i go,it will be great.,but like I said,life dictates

• Like 1

There are a lot of things to take into account on attendance last year, price, more than one meet/show going on at the same time.

I went two days and paid $10.00 for each day as I drove a different vehicle in each day, so I paid $20.00, in the years past I have paid $5.00 each vehicle as I recall.

When I first went to Canby the people that parked in the gravel across the street could walk in for free, as I asked a couple guys back then about that, I thought that was great as if folks walking by could come in and look and talk about all the Datsuns for free, maybe they would think that was great and maybe get interested in them, I don't recall when that getting in free stopped as I have always drove a vehicle in to park in the corral.

I have never camped there, so I don't know about them costs, but keeping it as cheap as possible would insure that people will keep coming year after year, not all change is in the best interest of a community, sometimes change can lead to a things demise.

• Like 1

I don't know what the boss giving us the rest of the day off with pay has to do with anything?

One job had paid rain days. Once... in a whole year. The boss phoned and said to stay home.

$10? who can't come up with $10???? I refuse to pay this on top of camping fee, won't do it. Do as you wish, to me it's just simply ... wrong.

There is lots people want changed here,on Ratsun too,but does that mean is going to happen?

It is what it is Mike.They put it on,they have to foot the bills prior to putting it on,with the hopes it will cover all costs,many events barely meet this due to insurance costs

If you want to try to get a island event together,foot the bill etc.I will show up

I am not even going to try to plan this,year..if i go,it will be great.,but like I said,life dictates

Ratsun isn't a user pay event. Canby is. You should get what you want or have a say.

Note to Steve,Doug, Colleen etc

Sorry this thread,has turned into a mess.

You don't need to apologize lou. Your posts keep me coming back to put a finer and finer point on things. So thanks for that.

• Like 1

There are a lot of things to take into account on attendance last year, price, more than one meet/show going on at the same time.

I went two days and paid $10.00 for each day as I drove a different vehicle in each day, so I paid $20.00, in the years past I have paid $5.00 each vehicle as I recall.

When I first went to Canby the people that parked in the gravel across the street could walk in for free, as I asked a couple guys back then about that, I thought that was great as if folks walking by could come in and look and talk about all the Datsuns for free, maybe they would think that was great and maybe get interested in them, I don't recall when that getting in free stopped as I have always drove a vehicle in to park in the corral.

I have never camped there, so I don't know about them costs, but keeping it as cheap as possible would insure that people will keep coming year after year, not all change is in the best interest of a community, sometimes change can lead to a things demise.

The camping is almost the best part, as it is camping, but with Datsuns. Wayno please try it at least once, there is nothing like it. 

• Like 1

$10? who can't come up with $10???? I refuse to pay this on top of camping fee, won't do it. Do as you wish, to me it's just simply ... wrong.

Most hypocrital statements ever. "Who cant come up with $10?" "Well I'm not paying $10".

• Like 2

I don't know what the boss giving us the rest of the day off with pay has to do with anything?

One job had paid rain days. Once... in a whole year. The boss phoned and said to stay home.

Ratsun isn't a user pay event. Canby is. You should get what you want or have a say.

You don't need to apologize lou. Your posts keep me coming back to put a finer and finer point on things. So thanks for that.

Really,have a say.haha............... 

If I want to apologize to the fine people that put on the Canby event,and the mess this thread is in,I will

Most hypocrital statements ever. "Who cant come up with $10?" "Well I'm not paying $10".

Wrong

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Morals aside it's saying you claim to believe or do a certain thing but then don't do it. Sorry Tip not hypocritical at all. Just because I have the money does not mean I have to spend it or pay it for something I don't believe in or support. Having the money isn't the issue, pretty sure we can all come up with a mere $10. How about when I see you at Canby I'll give you the $15 (for two days) and you donate it to a charity of your choice in town? How's that sit with you? Perfect idea? 

For the reasons given. Not paying when I have already paid for camping. Not paying for something I don't want and won't use. Never have before. Camping was all inclusive. I have every intention of going to the Canby event and I'll walk in and out both days if I have to, but not paying more than for camping. Do as your own conscience dictates, I will.

Really,have a say.haha............... 

If I want to apologize to the fine people that put on the Canby event,and the mess this thread is in,I will

Sure you can, said you don't need to. Or are you apologizing for all your posts that needed a reply? Let it go.