what 620 parts are needed?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are smack bang in the rust belt, so good luck finding any Datsuns. (that's an 83 or older) The latest car with a Datsun emblem was the '86. Although it was called a Nissan 300zx they kept the Datsun name so people would recognize it. I would doubt you will fins any Hardbodys older than '97 still on the road. I was in southern Ontario 7 years ago and needed a 720 gas tank for my 620 (long story) There were not any Nissan vehicles in the wrecking yards older than late 90s.

You may find one sitting on private property but the yards have scrapped them all for cash value. You should start collecting them for yourself. Assuming you find a good body. The '78 and '79 have front disc brakes, internally regulated alternators, ball joints rather than king pins, and electronic ignition (EI) distributors. You can't swap the disc brakes onto an earlier drum brake truck. But the EI distributor and alternator you can. Grills with the chrome headlamp rings are collectible. The '77 and up had an optional 5 speed. All years had an optional tach, very collectible. Dashes tend to crack so a good dash is extremely collectible.

• Like 1

I would usually agree with you, but this yard seems to not want anything newer than late '80s. My first time in this boneyard was around 1989 and the 620s were already there and didn't look like new arrivals. I enjoy junkyard spelunking, and like to keep a mental inventory of useful ones near me. Maybe it will be a complete waste of time, but I'll still have fun.

I would usually agree with you, but this yard seems to not want anything newer than late '80s. My first time in this boneyard was around 1989 and the 620s were already there and didn't look like new arrivals. I enjoy junkyard spelunking, and like to keep a mental inventory of useful ones near me. Maybe it will be a complete waste of time, but I'll still have fun.

I hear you on the spelunking. Heaven to me is an infinite Datsun wrecking yard called 'Serendipity', that I wander in for eternity .

I finally have some time off this week, and I'm thinking about checking out an old boneyard near me. Last time I was there, They had a few 620's in good shape, but that was a while ago. No promises, but if I go, is there anything you guys need?

If they have any 520/521 pickups let me know. Looking for a handful of different parts

Don't know about the rest of you all, but 3 posts all on the same topic picking up parts. The guy may be the most upstanding person there is, but the only thing I am seeing here is red flags.

You are right. Seeing as how I don't have one yet, I didn't have any reason to post. I guess it would look suspicious. I've just been hanging out here for a while, trying to get my old school minitruck fix, lol. If I find anything, I'll post some pictures, maybe somebody else nearby could grab parts for you.

You are right. Seeing as how I don't have one yet, I didn't have any reason to post. I guess it would look suspicious. I've just been hanging out here for a while, trying to get my old school minitruck fix, lol. If I find anything, I'll post some pictures, maybe somebody else nearby could grab parts for you.

Welcome to Ratsun. Looking forward to your posts.

As far as parts in my local area. I live near SAC base,(Barksdale). When anything shows up it is ravaged in hours. However I know where the parts are I need in Oklahoma, it is just taking the time to go and get them.

well, I have returned. Talked to the owner of the yard, looks like he's going to close it up in the next few months. Already got rid of about a 1/3 of his inventory, from what I can tell. Only 1 620 left, possibly because it was the yards old truck. Quite a few Hardbody's and some early '80s nissan/datsun cars. Seems to mostly have 1970s and 1980s cars in general, S10s rangers water cooled VW. plenty of american cars, but couldn't look too closely , he gave me 45 minutes to check it out. If anyone is local to Rochester, it's Zerniacs in Brockport open from 9-noon monday till friday, for now. Sorry this was a dead end.