Merry Xmas from RW

Well its coming up to 0530 hrs on 24 december in my part of Straylia.

Were forecast a balmy 88 degrees today with some late storms in the afternoon.

I was going to fill this post with a lot of poignant shit which no one would read, so I wont.

RW is off to the pub at lunchtime today for a few beers with a mate, then tonite (if its not too wet) the neighbourhood will gather just down the road apiece to sing Christmas carols, and hopefully remember how great it is to be alive.

The wife and I will sit up late, and then sneakily put the kids Santa sacks in their bedrooms, make it look like the cookies and milk left out for Santa have been eaten, and then retire for what should be a great Christmas day.

Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe, and fuck the Terrorists.

Ill leave you with Paul Kelly, an incredible Aussie singer/songwriter. Please take the time to listen to his Christmas song.

Peace.

RW

• Like 3
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave a homeless dude 5 bux yesterday. The dude man's the corner damn near every single day. Doesn't matter if it's 10 degrees or 100. I've driven past him for 3.5 years.

First day of my life I've given a panhandler anything. If anything I appreciate his dedication. My gift to him.

• Like 3

Call someone.

Maybe that brother you haven't seen in years. Or your Dad you don't talk to, or that old friend you just 'lost contact with'. Call your Mom. Reach out. It's not a sign of weakness or admission or acknowledgement of anything to wish them well. Forget your differences. One or two minutes is all you need. Do it while you can, because when they are gone.... you have lost the opportunity forever. Don't just read this... do it.

• Like 5

About 1989 after a company Christmas "party" me, my late brother Chuck and coworker named Tracy went out to show south Seattle what drunks really looked like...  I was designated driver so i wasn't as wasted as those two and we pulled into the Shell station on S. Michigan street,, and the bum that was always sitting there,,, having walked past him on an almost daily basis,, was sitting there huddled up to keep warm..

My brother and Tracy stumbled outta the car and gave he ancient dude $50. bucks .............................. NEVER saw that guy ever again . 

https://goo.gl/maps/4EhjBNjheqQ2

For a little example of the nights foolishness after the booze ran out at the shop party,, we started the night out drinking and getting thrown out of the Empire way tavern.. If you never heard of Empire way,,, it's because it's been renamed MLK jr. Way

I gave a homeless dude 5 bux yesterday. The dude man's the corner damn near every single day. Doesn't matter if it's 10 degrees or 100. I've driven past him for 3.5 years.

First day of my life I've given a panhandler anything. If anything I appreciate his dedication. My gift to him.

• Like 1