Numbers not matching what engine/carb is this? (Adult Language)

Soundline

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on buddy, you know you'd trade all your Datsun note books for one 1984 Chevrolet Camaro Berlitina V6 Automatic T-Top in root beer brown. (Which would be 50 shades of rust because water based paint washes off)...

Actually though if you run anything in a 99-00' Jeep Cherokee 4.0 with coil pack ignition except Champion Copper Core plugs.... it goes into limp mode within 150 mi.... that son of a bitch is the MOST temperamental piece of shit I've ever owned.... once my next round of check engine light bullshit is finished I'm selling it and buying a 4Runner.

Lol, I was actually just reading a thread about this.

The junk yards around here that do still have Datsuns are untapped. Finding a pedastal should be easy. There is a Datsun owner who also works at Pasco Auto Wrecking.

I also have an HEI style dizzy if you can't find anything. No pedastal or coil though.

The junk yards around here that do still have Datsuns are untapped. Finding a pedastal should be easy. There is a Datsun owner who also works at Pasco Auto Wrecking.

I also have an HEI style dizzy if you can't find anything. No pedastal or coil though.

I'm about to Datsun dumpster dive the fuck out of some shit.

If you have a friend at one of those places I'll hit them up and pay cash.

Have any of you done business with:

https://www.californiadatsun.com/tag/18-620.html

Just curious, was gonna order a few things. My week has been retarded so I haven't made it to any junk yards. Got shut down for a few days, which happens unfortunately. So I've been working on wiring issues. I'm slllllooooooowly working my way through them.

I found some NOS sites online that seems... umm... eh, I'll just say it, sketchy as fuck.

Any suggestions? If I get shipped fake shit, for real shit price.... I'd be the dude that would bring it back to you in his carry on.

• Like 1

NOS is practically non existent. This is a part that was never sold, certainly not out of the package and NEVER used. Only part that would fit this definition is someone who bought up a dealership or Nissan warehouse stock. Technically if you bought a part and it's still in the 'box' and you have the receipt it.... might barely be called NOS. NOS can also mean new obsolete stock. This is a part still in new condition but replaced by some improvement or process.

Now there are places in the world that make 'knock off' parts and how hard is it to print a label today??? NOS has about as much meaning as JDM and SALE.

So caveat emptor.  Get a receipt, use PayPall or some way of getting your money back. Demand and get what you pay for.

There was a previous site 'like' this one but they changed the name. I wonder why?

The felpro head gasket here... https://www.californiadatsun.com/head-gaskets/datsun-510-620-610-720-l20b-felpro-head-gasket.html  ... I paid $27 Canadian last summer at NAPA. That's got to be $20-23 at NAPA in the US

• Like 1

Now there are places in the world that make 'knock off' parts and how hard is it to print a label today??? NOS has about as much meaning as JDM and SALE.

So caveat emptor.  Get a receipt, use PayPall or some way of getting your money back. Demand and get what you pay for.

There was a previous site 'like' this one but they changed the name. I wonder why?

The felpro head gasket here... https://www.californiadatsun.com/head-gaskets/datsun-510-620-610-720-l20b-felpro-head-gasket.html  ... I paid $27 Canadian last summer at NAPA. That's got to be $20-23 at NAPA in the US

They have NAPA in Canada? Maybe I will have to see if I've been taken off the Persona Non Grata as was agreed at the time the stipulation was put in place.

Yeah, I ran a check on a couple business licenses that were selling "NOS" parts and they came back dirtier than a gas station men's room after a chili feed. Like I said, if I get fucked over, I'll knock on the responsible persons door so we can have a chat.

The CA Datsun place is a little pricey but they have some head work available that I like. Before I send someone more than a few hundred bucks though, I like to see how they handle smaller transactions.

• Like 1

I remember there was this guy buying up timing covers and people were turning in their extras. So carrying this to a logical conclusion... there would be a shortage of timing covers and no one could help a fellow Datsun enthusiast out. Well, you could go to this guy and pay for one.

• Like 1

Friend don't let friends get scammed by California Datsun...

Lol, based on your listed location which is pretty close to Ranch Cucamunga... I'll go out on a limb and say you've encountered them before?

If I remember right 101 will take you straight there, and depending on traffic is anywhere from an hour to.... a week to get there.

As you can tell, I hate traffic in SoCal.

Yeah Matt, I found some very clear pictures on an older thread, and did some digging. This place isn't for me...

Gato, I'm putting together a plan to pull the head I have on the truck and replace/rebuild it with one that has actually been ported, polished, new cam, valves, and such. I'd like to eventually be able to run 130 hp out of the L20B base. This will definitely require some head work that's beyond my scope of expertise.

I have no problem paying for what I'm getting, but I take it personally when someone fucks me over. I totally understand that shit happens and things go wrong, but if it was intentionally done, we have a problem. Not trying to be a keyboard warrior, once I'm in better shape I'm sure I'll meet a few of you and we can all chuckle about this together.

Currently I need to fix the wiring, fix the passenger floor, do something with my non-existent rocker panels, and upgrade to disc brakes. I work out at the site and those ppl drive like idiots.....

• Like 1

Best to go through a reputable shop for head work. Perhaps Rebello or Troy Ermish

Which is what I need. Names of ppl that I could hand a good head, and get back a better one. You read a bunch of one way reviews on someone's website, doesn't really mean much. But I'd prefer someone you guys have dealt with that has a better rep than 1 of 3 being fucked up.

Which is what I need. Names of ppl that I could hand a good head, and get back a better one. You read a bunch of one way reviews on someone's website, doesn't really mean much. But I'd prefer someone you guys have dealt with that has a better rep than 1 of 3 being fucked up.

Have local people/machine shops do your work for you, do not send it out, tell your local shop what you want and have them do it, at least if there are any issues you can take care of it locally rather than have to start a thread about how you are getting screwed over because they farmed it out and things didn't work out, and how all you are getting is excuses from them for months on end, this has happened here before.

• Like 3

Now that I know the players I can get in the game.

Wayno, this will never happen with me. I'll go right to the source. Face to face. Not a keyboard warrior. It won't really fix the problem. If I have a shop build me something and I like/don't like it, they're gonna see the expression on my face. Good or bad bro.

On the same token, when I finally do see Mike, Gato, Matt, and others I'll thank them personally for their help on this project. I'm not a big crowd person, but I'll eventually run into you guys.

Edited by Soundline
  • Like 1