79 KB310 TS Project

TSKB310

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how to fix that.   :rofl:

FYI, you also need to cut that 3" lip off the bottom of the grill to fit the bumper. 

Oh yeah, I know It's going to go very soon, looks like junk. . .  How are those bumpers coming anyway? lol

• Like 1

"You want to take off a fender? not without removing half the front-end first." - Datsun

GOPR1825_zpstolt8zck.jpg

Can't put my finger on it but for some reason, the four door sedan is just sexy as hell to me. Time to find an early front for it. 

GOPR1827_zpsq655qcyy.jpg

It's a damn monster truck up front (until tomorrow) but the 13's fit nicely in the rear, still think I'm going to be running spacers.

GOPR1828_zpsz8ypqhqc.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours (round trip) of hell (the 83 dodge you may or may not see in some pictures) and this is what come of it.

All in all it was a great day with lots of new ideas, like the fact it might just stay yellow and it might just end up with two seats and everything else stripped out. 

GOPR1830_zpsbhf0as6b.jpg

Oh yeah, was this too, my son loves it so guess I have no other choice then put it in the car. 

GOPR1833_zpsjpedcctp.jpg

Z motor? Sad day.

A14 all the way. 

EDIT - Just got to put it together now..

• Like 1

Whats the best thing to do in the morning? Don't think it's allowed to be said on the forums but the second best thing?!?! That's right, work on your Sunny!

GOPR1835_zpsbfiifxf8.jpg

GOPR1839_zpsc4yfpgrd.jpg

GOPR1842_zpszdciqztf.jpg

GOPR1837_zps7fugvpf4.jpg

GOPR1843_zpszc8btatp.jpg

GOPR1845_zpsugih6pb7.jpg

GOPR1846_zpslupzfqse.jpg

Only real rust is the battery tray that I'll eventually remove and relocate it to the rear or something... one day. 

Cleaned up really well with just a little degreaser and yeah, it's staying yellow. Now that I have everything out I'm wondering if I should just leave it like it is (not bad and everyone too lazy to clean up/paint their car goes on about "patina") 

Only took about 30 minutes of lazy work to get here, just got to bolt up the new goods tomorrow, shouldn't be much longer before this little coupe is back on the road... So this begs the question, why are you all such lazy-asses, get to work! lol

BTW, FYI, WTF! for anyone wondering or for those of you that say 13's don't fit the ZX setup... PROOF! with the right set of 13's they clear with no problem at all... So yes, it can be done. (don't ask the specs, don't know, not stamped, too lazy to check right now)

Tomorrow I need to check if my HKS camber plates will bolt up like I want them too (should but who knows, they came off a JDM wagon)..

Expect updates daily (is that too ambitious?)  

EDIT- Kinda thinking of leaving the hood and the NWD stickers as they are as a homage to the cars past... What do you guys think?

• Like 1

for anyone wondering or for those of you that say 13's don't fit the ZX setup... PROOF! with the right set of 13's they clear with no problem at all... So yes, it can be done. (don't ask the specs, don't know, not stamped, too lazy to check right now)

Based on fit, 13x7 +0. 

Fit matches the way they were when I did it. 

gallery_102_395_1483042291_25476.jpg

Nothing special today except for some needed bolts, about half were missing from the front-in... Should have it cleaned up and painted, ready to install if not installed tomorrow.

Anyone have a 289 sitting around? I've been thinking long and hard and I think that's going to be the weapon of choice for my sedan. 

Sunny log, Day 162 - Things aren't going as planned, this shit should just bolt up but it doesn't. Error on my part for not having what I needed but it's ordered an on the way. T3 for the win!

GOPR1849_zps06wtdovm.jpg

While I'm being held up on camber plates, I have other things to get at and so I did... side by side of a 79 & 88 MOMO. Not going to lie, I love my 79 and it looks so much better. The fact it's been in every Datsun/Nissan I've ever had, I wanted to have it this time around as well (this Sunny being my "Forever Car") but it's being replaced for the time being with the 88 until I can have it recovered. 

GOPR1848_zps4mojk2cn.jpg

Looks right at home. . . Without any bolts holding it in. 

GOPR1850_zpseagosmah.jpg 

• Like 1

Z motor? Sad day.

Yeah, TSK now has 70% of my 210's old/new drivetrain. At this point I should have asked if he wanted to buy the whole dang car. XD Looking good on the progress tho TSK, I hope all those parts serves your 210 has well as it did mine.

Yeah, TSK now has 70% of my 210's old/new drivetrain. At this point I should have asked if he wanted to buy the whole dang car. XD Looking good on the progress tho TSK, I hope all those parts serves your 210 has well as it did mine.

Should have gotten your entire rear-end as well so I don't have to pull it all out of my Sedan, lol. Save me time and effort. They should do well until I finally finish my A15 build (haven't even started) but it'll be the next heart for the coupe once finished.  

As for the daily update... Yeah, that was a bit too ambitious, too much gets in the way and as much as I love to work on the coupe, I like to have some down-time. The plates should be in Monday and I'll update then.  

On a side note that shitty old truck got new brakes today, then everything else afterwards as it immediately locked the front-end but nobody cares about that piece of crap. 

Should have gotten your entire rear-end as well so I don't have to pull it all out of my Sedan, lol.

If you can help me find an 200sx rear end with the dics brake, you can have the one I got under it. XD

• Like 1

So either I'm a complete idiot and ordered the wrong part or I'm playing a game of "Something isn't the same as the others"... Either way, the parts from T3 came in annnnnnnnnnd they didn't work. SO! I said fuck it and bolted it all up without my chamber plates. Got tired of it holding me up and I guess it can be done on a later date, no big deal there.

GOPR1857_zpsuqeq21k7.jpg

GOPR1858_zpsu8tow4ad.jpg

GOPR1859_zpslnjtwcx8.jpg

Doesn't even have an engine in it and I already know it needs to be lower.. LoneStar, you happen to have the spanner for the kit?

Oh and it needs a big-ass spacer because TS-Spec.

Been pulling the Sedan apart for parts... The Coupe was missing so many bolts/nuts but mainly wires and parts needed to finish the engine/trans install. No pictures, couldn't find my gopro cable until it was too late. With any luck, it could be in and ready to start up as early as tomorrow... Then of course I have to get the rear-end finished up.