79 KB310 TS Project

TSKB310

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Total amateur question but what does TS stand for?

You know, I never thought about it so I gave a buddy of mine in Fukuoka a call, he's big into the old races. He told me it was for the name of the race location. Tsukuba (track) Shimotsuma (city). No idea if that's entirely true or not but I'm not going to correct the guy that's been around it all his life.

• Like 1

You know, I never thought about it so I gave a buddy of mine in Fukuoka a call, he's big into the old races. He told me it was for the name of the race location. Tsukuba (track) Shimotsuma (city). No idea if that's entirely true or not but I'm not going to correct the guy that's been around it all his life.

Well, they have different classes over there, just like SCCA here. I always read it's just they letters assigned to that series, populated mostly by Sunnys and Starlets with the odd Civic thrown in. 

It seems to me it would be the equivalent of asking what does the B in B Sedan stand for. It's just a "randomly" assigned letter. 

But, naming the series after it's home track makes a hell of a lot of sense too.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

This is the best way to build a B310, TS style. Can't get over how much the round eye Coupes look like a B110 coupe when they're done up TS style. I almost bought that car but my wife would've killed me by now so I'm stuck building my B310 wagon very slowly. I'm going for the Sunny SGX 1.5 California theme on mine. Good luck, I vote fender mirrors!

Hoi, looks like I need to get my ass in gear and get my 210 (310) back in shape. Good to see that coupe finally found itself a good home. What plans you got in mind for the engine in that thing?

I'm going to stay with the A series they just look too sexy with the twin sidedrafts, I thought for a good long time about the SR or CA, even a beams but I want to stay as close as I can to the real TS cup cars. 

This is the best way to build a B310, TS style. Can't get over how much the round eye Coupes look like a B110 coupe when they're done up TS style. I almost bought that car but my wife would've killed me by now so I'm stuck building my B310 wagon very slowly. I'm going for the Sunny SGX 1.5 California theme on mine. Good luck, I vote fender mirrors!

I love the Sunny California, I'd like to have one of each body style made for the B310, there is a two door sedan and goon close to my house in the states so it might happen. My wife is already killing me over this one and I still have about 3k I need for parts and paint before I start building an engine for it. I have a few sets of mirrors at the shop so I might mock them up and post pictures on how they look before I make a final choice. 

• Like 1

Yisss, tastey, tastey sidedrifts! I wanted to do that sooo bad but I'm going resto mod on mine and it's getting a ca18DET. I am a little envious on the fact ya got a chrome rear bumper, that is the only piece I am missing for mine, but the JDM round headlight grill with the factory fog lights I got makes up for it. Have you thought up a paint scheme yet?

Yisss, tastey, tastey sidedrifts! I wanted to do that sooo bad but I'm going resto mod on mine and it's getting a ca18DET. I am a little envious on the fact ya got a chrome rear bumper, that is the only piece I am missing for mine, but the JDM round headlight grill with the factory fog lights I got makes up for it. Have you thought up a paint scheme yet?

Might be better off with the CA, those sidedrafts cost about as much, lol.

Took me forever to find those bumpers but the rear panel around the tail-light stands as the hardest part to get. I also had a chance to get that type grill but I've decided to stay with the one I have for now (because the price on those are insane!), just change out the "D" for an "S" badge.

As for the paint, I keep thinking back to my very first car, I had a 240sx that was orange and white (first car I painted too) Like a creamsicle. Orange on top, white on the bottom but I might just go pure comp orange. 

My plan for the car was L18 motor/63A/SUs.

I even had an A10 cross member and oil pan. Sent those with car. Don't k ow what happened with them.

Had the thought of putting my L24 in the sedan, lol. 

John still has them, they were forgotten when the car was picked up but I don't imagine I'd need them.

It's really driving me nuts, I spend my down time searching and ordering parts but I can't do anything yet.

John still has them, they were forgotten when the car was picked up but I don't imagine I'd need them.

Short version is (as I tried to explain to your kinfolk) is that I needed to keep one of the crossmembers, either the A10 or the B310. I was willing to let either go to you as long as I got to keep the one you won't be using. So if you really want this one for a bigger engine, I will trade you.   

That, and he forgot it.   :rofl:

Short version is (as I tried to explain to your kinfolk) is that I needed to keep one of the crossmembers, either the A10 or the B310. I was willing to let either go to you as long as I got to keep the one you won't be using. So if you really want this one for a bigger engine, I will trade you.   

That, and he forgot it.   :rofl:

Lol, He forgets a lot of things but it's no problem, staying with the A series so no need for the A10 crossmember. If I ever do decide to swap for something bigger I know where to find you. 

Should have a huge hole welded shut in the bottom of it. It was an A10 L20B pan.

Oh, that pan. :rofl:

Yeah, it's buried somewhere in the parts stash. Having two already, I had no intent of ever using that one.

If I ever do decide to swap for something bigger I know where to find you. 

It may be in my 210 by then, but we'll sort out something.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you don't already have the parts, get with me by pm some time, I'm dropping the front end out from under mine and going with something different.

expect a pm shortly. 

Who knew all the B310s would end up in Texas?

You guys need to stash a 2 door sedan down there for me. I'll come pick it up soon.

There is two of them just north of us in OKC for a few hundred. If they're still there when I get back I'll be picking them up.