79 KB310 TS Project

TSKB310

So yeah, it's about time I start my build thread.. I've been on the forum for a few years but never even bothered to sign up because I've been out of the States for years as well, that time is about to come to an end so here goes....

I know how much everyone loves pictures.. Bad news is, I'm still overseas about eight thousand or so miles from my cars... Don't get all depressed yet, I still have some, just limited. 

I have an 82 B310 sedan that's been sitting at my place doing nothing and while I had some ideas for it, the best it got was some wheels and a grill (that's packed in a box somewhere), needless to say it needs a ton or work...

12194658_1651831295077504_25217545199626

15658177_1818532845074014_1214955553_o_z

15658186_1818532875074011_301947080_o_zp

15595533_1818532861740679_128010612_o_zp

Now for the real project....

15631424_1818532885074010_417766365_o_zp

15657908_1818532898407342_1616369764_o_z

15631255_1818532888407343_1597946178_o_z

Some of you might recognize it, I know I did when I first seen it and couldn't pass up the chance to get my hands on it. Long story short, I contacted John from the other side of the world about it and managed to talk my father and nephew to go pick it up for me. As of now it's sitting back home waiting for a crap ton of parts to be installed. 

Out of my Sedan will come the A15 and five speed or I might end up putting in the dogleg I have sitting in the shop (not sure yet). I've already ordered more then I should at once for it but here are a few parts that have already made their way home. 

Bumpers (front and back) from a Japanese Sunny, took me a good minute to find a set. 

15658145_1818532908407341_1276975726_o_z

For the last few years (that I know of) the rear panel has been busted and missing the passenger chrome piece around the tail light... Lucky enough I found a panel in Japan that was missing the passenger (left side) piece but had what I was missing. Not cheap but well worth it. And yeah, it's upside down..

15609297_1818532921740673_1523429524_o_z

already has a great set a extra lights I'll be installing as well

15595816_1818532911740674_1884342709_o_z

I'm going for the TS style, it's just about the only way to go with these cars, just too badass not to if you ask me. 

img_2_zpsbg4jb2fo.jpg

Only difference is I'm going to keep the grill I have with the exception of the Sunny emblem I happened to find.. (If anyone knows what model and such it came from that'd be cool to know)

s-l1600_zpsi5x1lldw.jpg

It's still a few months away before I can really get hands on but it will happen soon enough. The TS kit from BProjects has already been ordered and it's on the way home, so is more then the price of all my other cars put together in the form of double valve springs, push rods, Pit Road cam and so on for the A15. Only undecided bit I have is what carb setup to run but I'm leaning towards running a set of quad mikuni carbs from a bike. 

I'll keep updating with pictures when I can get them of what comes in for the build but until I get back, It's going to be a little slow so bear with me. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unsure of the reasons the car became available but I'm sure it was a good one. Rest assure, I will complete this car within 2017 if I have anything to say about it. Plus I already have too much into this build not to finish it.

Thanks for the inspiration! Much needed, I've been rolling over the idea of an engine swap (SR or even an L Series) but I want to stay as close to the TS car as possible so it helps. 

I've been rolling over the idea of an engine swap (SR or even an L Series) but I want to stay as close to the TS car as possible so it helps. '

Let me know if you're going to swap it. If you are, we need to trade cross members. 

But I'd keep the A, if for no other reason than to get it roadworthy quicker.   :thumbup:

No worries, the email could be because of where I am (not sure but I get a lot of trouble from it) I'll just pm you here  :thumbup:

I think I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to stay with the A15, it's a great engine and once I get back I can have it swapped over and running within a day. Plus I don't have to deal with getting a new rear-end to handle any extra power. 

That Yellow is nice, but I prefer the Orange. 

TS-B310-Nissan_Sunny-Advan-works-672_zps

If anyone was wondering, I will be keeping the round headlights, I think they have more style to them honestly. 

I like the tucked USDM bumpers, that's how I had the four door setup until I took them off to start painting the car (that sadly was never finished) and of course, someone was so kind as to remove the bumpers from my possession. 

The four door is going to become the parts car for the coupe, pulling everything out to get it back on the road within the first few days I'm State side.

After that, I'm honestly not sure, I've been entertaining the idea of doing it Aussie style, big block in the front and never keeping tires on the back.. its possible i could put an LS in it for the Texas half a mile that's literally on the other side of the lake from my house every November.  

Those are just ideas but lets be honest, what I'll be doing to the coupe, I only have so much time to put towards them.  I hate to say but there is a very good chance I won't do anything with it, not within the next few years anyway. 

Started thinking about it last night, has anyone setup a tacho inside their gauge cluster like this? 

proxy%2013_zps9r64ebbt.jpg

For anyone that has, what's the best way of cutting without busting the cover all to hell to fit it in? What type of seal did you use and how was in anchored to keep it from bouncing all over the place?

I figured some tape, etch in the ring and slowly cut it out with a hole saw to avoid any splintering. 

It's not my first choice but a the cluster I want seems impossible to find plus I already have a bitch'n 13k rpm tacho, so it's pretty much a why not scenario. 

Edit - I should mention, I doubt my Tacho is as big as the one used in the picture which looks to just fit in. 

Started thinking about it last night, has anyone setup a tacho inside their gauge cluster like this? 

I figured some tape, etch in the ring and slowly cut it out with a hole saw to avoid any splintering. 

Done it in a 1200, but it's a little different scenario. You have a spare gauge cluster, so why not?   ^_^

It's not my first choice but a the cluster I want seems impossible to find 

Maybe an A10 gauge cluster? Seems like more of those came with a tachometer at least...

Time for an update....

My first son was just born Dec 28th, everything has been crazy... 

so as many of you might be disappointed to hear but we can all guess what'll happen to the KB310 now.... 

Fuck'n nothing! it's getting built! 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Been awhile so here's something.

Got news the mirrors and tires came in. I found a set of B10 bullets but between the time it took for them to get to my place back in the States and now, I've started to lean towards the GP style mirrors. Who knows how that'll go. Running 175-50-13 that'll go on the wheels I have on the sedan in the first few pictures. 

The TS kit also came in, gotta say, those B-Project and Pit Road guys are badass.