What's the difference?

HOGIE

Why do some threads, such as 'Finally Back...Dapper Lighting' are allowed to go on trying to promote and sell products, not getting locked (started just back Feb '16 and currently at 20 pages), and others such as the recent '620 Mud Guards' do get locked as soon as they are posted?

What's the difference?

I want info about these parts and now the guy likely won't be back. I know that folks who have been around here for a while should know better, cough Gene with the 620 glass thread, but maybe some of these threads can be left open for a while so people can get a little info about parts, start a dialogue, before the seller gets shut down.

I know that sounds a lot like the old classifieds

• Like 3
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are others that are allowed to post things for sale in the wrong threads too, I guess it just depends on whether the mod that keeps blocking them is getting a discount or a kickback on the sales made :devil:

Funny you say that Rick, to go back to the comparison between 'Dapper' and the 'Mud Guards' there was a bunch of interest shown in the products by old timers and then when the first mod replied it was also regarding interest in the product and there was no mention of how the lights should be posted in the classifieds.

With that said, if some people showed interest in the Mud Guard product before the mod came in would it be allowed to stay open?

• Like 2

You got pics? lol

Just kidding, don't fuck this up yet. I want to hear some more responses. Mods?

You can post tits later

To get this locked, I have a weber 32/36 for sale :thumbup:

You got pics? lol

Just kidding, don't fuck this up yet. I want to here some more responses. Mods?

You can post tits later

• Like 1

Maybe it's because Dapper lighting was here since 09   Same with Fotofab ( 07 in that case) whose cyber monday sale was left open till after it was over.  Long time, in good standing members .

620 mudflapper guy became a member 40 minutes before making thread. and has exactly 1 post,,, that one,  peddling his rubbers

It's called forum etiquette,, without it we have anarchy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well more anarchy anyway

• Like 5

There are others that are allowed to post things for sale in the wrong threads too, I guess it just depends on whether the mod that keeps blocking them is getting a discount or a kickback on the sales made    :devil:

Check your internal filter Rick, I think it's set to OFF.

• Like 1

So, is this a lobbying attempt? What size cut do you get for getting him back on the map?

You got me.

Well I guess this was a pointless attempt to show how folks with large post count get away with shit and a new guy that does know shit, or understand the forum etiquette if you want to look at it like that, gets shut down when trying to join up and use the forum to promote themselves and their products like so many Ratsun vets do on this forum do all the time.

• Like 2

You got me.

Well I guess this was a pointless attempt to show how folks with large post count get away with shit and a new guy that does know shit, or understand the forum etiquette if you want to look at it like that, gets shut down when trying to join up and use the forum to promote themselves and their products like so many Ratsun vets do on this forum do all the time.

What's good for one should be good for all. I agree.

I also believe there should be a vendor subforum.

Approved vendors are able to advertise or carry a discussion thread about said product.

Individual items for sale should adhere to the normal classified ad procedure.

• Like 7

What's good for one should be good for all. I agree.

I also believe there should be a vendor subforum.

Approved vendors are able to advertise or carry a discussion thread about said product.

Individual items for sale should adhere to the normal classified ad procedure.

This :thumbup:

It would be highly beneficial for both the community and datto parts suppliers.

• Like 1