Dat Funky 510 Build

Alex_23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mybad havent been on this . Havent kept yall updated. But yea, have done quite a few things. Rebuilt carb took it apart, previous owner did mention he had rebuilt it. I didnt wanna take any chances so i took it apart myself nd yea gaskets /seals/ evrything in there looked fairly new. So i cleaned it up & i put it back together w the rebuild kit that i bought. So far so good.

I changed fluids (brake/trans/diff). Maaaan nasty brake fluid as you can tell from the bottle in the pic above . Lol

Bled brakes.car does brake but going to have to upgrade that asap. If i wanna daily it. But for now brakes will do

I used "sta lube"gear oil 85w-90 for my trans & some castrol 80-90 for my diff.

Noticed when i bled the clutch i was leaking fluid and came to realize i was leaking from my clutch slave..i had ordered the replacement part from rock auto but they sent me the wrong part-.- & yeees i made sure i had ordered the right part lol.it was there bad. soo thats where im at rn, i will be returning the part& be waiting patiently for the correct one to come so i can replace..

My doggyDog og peluchin guarding the dime lol

Car stays on idle now. Just had to do some tweaks on the carb

2d6t7ao.jpg

Messing w the idle speed screw & mixture screw . Finally :)

So when i took out the datto for the first time it was bumpy at first lol

Glad to say it didnt turn off on us but will have to focus on suspension / steering colum /bushings forsure.

I do have a question! Im missing a choke plate on the carb. Check out the pics.. does that really make a difference if i only have one? Lol..will have to take it to a shop soon so they can tune it right. But for now im happy that she turns on nd drives lol