Dat Funky 510 Build

Alex_23

Many L18's are JDM imports. Especially if it has a W53 head. If you ever pull the intake manifold check for notches at the top of the intake runners, might even be a fuel injection head.

Oohh ok..will check to see for those notches..about the return fuel line though .. Haven't yet seemed to figure out Where does it link up to? Can I just block it off?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

Did a tune up today. Spark plugs & wires, oil change .new fuel filter. Fuel lines

We Got the datto to turn for a bit while adding gas to carb and pressing the gas. Noticed that we didn't see fuel coming up to the fuel filter..Maybe the hardlines are clogged?? Going to try tmrw and see if we can get fuel running throughout the car & then next up brakes..hopefully y'all can see my pics . think i was having issues uploading. Lmk if you guys can see them.

5mzrph.jpg

2lmkxdz.jpg

Looks like your fuel filter is hooked up backwards, don't know if that would stop file flow though. My goons tank is all funked up due to old dryed up gas. Good luck you'll get it.

Cool 4 door! 

Just a few tips ... do in order 

1.Check Spark

2.Check fuel

both good...then proceed

If you can't get it to run without feeding gas directly to the fuel pump with an external supply of gas...then you got bigger problems

Hardlines probably are clogged, as well as forsure the gas tank

Cool 4 door!

1.Check Spark

2.Check fuel

both good...then proceed

If you can't get it to run without feeding gas directly to the fuel pump with an external supply of gas...then you got bigger problems

It does turn on if we have a hose connected to a near gas tank.. were tryn to get it started through the original gas tank

Cool 4 door!

1.Check Spark

2.Check fuel

both good...then proceed

This, If it sat for a good while it could very well be the gas tank has old dryed up funky gas that has closed up some things like the line that feeds the fuel. I have to pull my tank hopefully this weekend to get it cleaned out because it sat for a long time and the gas dryed up Turing to a varnish smelling tar. If your tank has any of this kinda thing even if you get fuel flowing and do not remove the tank the gas will smell like varnish and might cause a valve to stick a little. If you can it is easyer to remove the tank if you find it has old dryed up gas and clean it or I think that ( I'm not sure who) but I have here'd it can be boiled like they do at a radiator shop in a tank to remove the junk from the tank. Good luck.

This, If it sat for a good while it could very well be the gas tank has old dryed up funky gas that has closed up some things like the line that feeds the fuel. I have to pull my tank hopefully this weekend to get it cleaned out because it sat for a long time and the gas dryed up Turing to a varnish smelling tar. If your tank has any of this kinda thing even if you get fuel flowing and do not remove the tank the gas will smell like varnish and might cause a valve to stick a little. If you can it is easyer to remove the tank if you find it has old dryed up gas and clean it or I think that ( I'm not sure who) but I have here'd it can be boiled like they do at a radiator shop in a tank to remove the junk from the tank. Good luck.

We cleaned the tank and looked good in there had like 3 gallons of gas looked good but were gna blow the lines cuz thats wat matters.. if its not that then fuel pump will be changed

Way back some useless person put what was left of a chicken drumstick bone down in my tank, I had to keep several fuel filters in the car. I'd be going 70 down the interstate and the car would just shutdown. I'd pull over and have to change the filter and off I would go again.

It's easy to test. Pop the valve cover off pull fuel line, manually actuate pump arm. Does it pump?

Yea fuel pump works fine. We ended up blowing out the hardlines. Nasty gunky stuff came out. Ok. so now the hardlines are clean . Only using one & blocking the other(bigger line blocked).

Now problem is that it's not staying on. Car is turning off at idle. Would we have to adjust the carb?

We tried adjusting the carb but it still turns off.. so its probably the carb that needs to be cleaned up maybe the float is stuck ? And the throttle linkage has some play in it, could that be somethn that has to do with it? The car stays on if were pressn the gas so its a idle/ gas problem

I'll pull the weber apart and clean up the jets. If you are careful you might be able to get away without a rebuild kit. but a rebuild kit is pretty damn cheap..

If it gives you trouble post rebuild/cleanup... just toss it in the trash and get a new one, especially with worn throttle shafts.

I'll pull the weber apart and clean up the jets. If you are careful you might be able to get away without a rebuild kit. but a rebuild kit is pretty damn cheap..

If it gives you trouble post rebuild/cleanup... just toss it in the trash and get a new one, especially with worn throttle shafts.

Might end up getting a rebuild kit.. But will check that out (jets floaties in the carb) & yea a lot of play in my throttle shaft.gonna look into rock auto for my needs..

I would post pics but tinypic is acting up any other website you guys use to convert pix?

thanx draker

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...